View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #983 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazigerl View Post
Did 40 minutes of weight training, tried a new exercise. Burpees with a Bosu. When the trainer said that, I had no idea what the heck he meant, I will never forget now. Brutal.
Tried running on the treadmill. Had to do eliptical instead.
Ahhh, burpees! Fabulous exercise. I have a strong love/hate relationship with them. The thing is that they never get easier , you just get faster and stronger - good job crazigirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Kimbur – it amazes me how this board gets me to the gym – knowing that people will check up on me – let us know the level of nagging you want – we can arrange for people to appear at your home if you don’t show at thegym…

Luscious, I’d also love to pul a 10 K in 60 minutes – but finding the time to train for an hour is hard! UrbanMule – you’ve done what Luscious and I dream of, I wanna be like you!

Crazigerl, isn’t Burpees with a Bosu a band?

Today I spun, it was a hard class with lots of jumps, and I feel pretty good about it. I followed up with my core work – crunches on the decline bench with a weight, oblique twists on a ball, and the captain’s chair.

Oh and Pam, guess what, they are instituting cross fit at my Y – I may have to quit my job to take all the programs I want, and then I can’t afford a gym membership (or food,so I’ll lose weight…)

Abby

How do you jump on a spin bike . Well I probably do not need to say this but : TRY THE CROSSFIT - I think you will love it! But hey, I understand not having enough time/energy/money to do it all. I would love to take a zumba class. It just sounds like so much fun. I am pretty much 2 left feet, but several years ago I too jazzercize and as long as I didn't take myself too seriously it was a blast.

I went to the 6:00 class this morning. The first time I've been able to pull myself together and get out the door for CrossFit. I actually really liked going that early. I think I will try to do it more often, although I love my fellow atheletes in teh 8:00 class.

Soooo glad to see all the new faces - keep it up everyone. Like Abby said, you inspire me to keep it up .

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote