View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Kathy13118
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Fitday gives you the tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbycakes View Post
Currently I am eating a diet that consists of a lot of grains and veggies. A typical day for me would be: a bowl of honey nut cheerios for breakfast, a bag of baby carrots with a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with spinach greens and seitan, and for tuna with another helping of veggies like peas, mushrooms, or tomatoes for dinner. I snack on fruit a lot, usually strawberries, pears, apples, or bananas.

My question is, is this a diet that would encourage weight loss? I know its healthy and makes me feel good, but the amount of carbs in all the vegetables and grains I eat worries me. Does anyone have any suggestions that would improve my diet? I LOVE my fruits and veggies, I just am unsure if this is ideal for my weight loss goal.

What you described as your typical meal plan is fine - and there is no such thing as 'too many carbs' unless you are a diagnosed type 1 diabetic and under the care of a doctor, who advises you about the number of carbs per meal. Even then, there are plenty of type 1 diabetics who are vegetarian and do just fine, without ever suffering weight gain problems eating healthy carbs!

So what you HAVE left out is the number of calories you are eating in a day and how many you are expending. Fitday gives you the tools to get some caloric limits. Then you can put the measured food quantities you eat in your food log and see how many calories you are eating each day. If you are gaining weight, and you are accurately (important) reporting your food in your log, you'll see why. You just have to shave off some calories or seriously increase physical activity.

That's the whole story, pretty much, right there!

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-08-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added quote, title