I'm posting quickly at lunch so I don't have too much time to chat, but I love the enthusiasm this week. I do however want to say to Darlene:
So happy to hear about your benign diagnosis!!!! Phew!
I woke up this morning feeling motivated for the first time in a month, so I hope it continues. I am still SUPER NERVOUS about my potential job at Smith (I should hear one way or the other this week or early next week) and trying not to think about it. BF is still job-hunting, though he said he had a fruitful day driving to dealerships and asking if they needed help. Maybe something there.
Trying to shake off the cobwebs that have been surrounding the part of my brain that thinks about my health and getting back to it. I'm posting some "old goals" I haven't used in months, because I remember they motivated me before, and I want to get there again. So my goals this week are a mix of the old and the new.
1) Calories between 1200-1500 daily. No single day over 1600. Week average around 1300.
2) Exercise at least
three times this week. No excuses at all. None. Zippo. Zilch.
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000 or more
4) Log everything, even those handfuls of M&Ms I've been sneaking lately
5) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better.
6) One new recipe for lunch or dinner this week
7) 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner out/takeaway, maximum
8) Average of 25-30 percent protein for the week
9) Weigh in M and F, post here M: 161.8
Other Life Goals
1) Clean the bathroom
2) Catch up (and stay caught up!) on laundry
3) In bed by 11:30 every night. No excuses allowed.
4) Make an effort on my appearance every single day (This one's for you, Mike
5) Post one wonderful thing that happened every day
Seems like a lot of goals, but it will help me suss out what's working and what's not. Now that I've gotten over my cooking fear, I've gotten into the habit of using some "old reliable" recipes now that I'm used to them. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's make cooking seem suddenly dull, and I need to get excited about healthy food again. I always forget how much more well-balanced I feel when I eat well. You keep remembering the quick rushes from chocolate or fatty foods, but you seem to forget that even-keeled feeling. It doesn't help that BF would eat the same 5 dinners over and over forever, but I didn't let that stop me before, no reason to turn it into an excuse now!
Off to a good start today, food-wise. Had some greek yogurt with strawberry for breakfast and a "taco salad" for lunch. I had some leftover turkey meatballs from dinner last night (meatball subs, a treat) that I broke up and put in a salad with some LF cheese and broken up bits of tortilla, with a light spicy ranch dressing. The meatballs had italian seasonings but I could barely tell given the salad dressing, and it felt good to eat it. I always like taco salad.
No excuse not to work out tonight, so it's me and the Zumba!!!
Happy Monday everyone,
Female, 28 years old, 5'4 1/2" tall
Starting weight 1/4/11 = 215.2 lbs.
Weight 9/3/12 = 164.9 (net: -50.3 lbs.)
Current mini-goal: 160 lbs.
Next mini-goal: 150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."