Notices

Weight Watcher???

Old 01-11-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Watcher???

I just wonder if Weight Watcher is good to loose weight... i asking this cause i know a lots of people who were on that .. well they lost weight but for some reason all of them gain it back, i am kind of consuse if i should do this or not!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Watchers

I've done Weight Watchers online in the past and I think it's a good tool....even better if you can make it to the meetings. Like any diet, if you stop watching what you eat and stop exercising...the weight will come back...which is what happened for me. I'm using "Alli" now...but, I know when I get to my goal weight....I need to work to stay there. I didn't last time.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I was on weight watchers as well and i absolutely loved it. the most important thing about the program is the meetings, so if you don't have time for the meetings, perhaps this isn't the best plan for you. However, like any diet, support from other is vital and that is exactly what these meetings offer. You are all working towards the same goal so people understand you and are there to cheer you on even when you have weak moments. I even lost 5 pounds my first week! I hope you consider this program because it is true, they teach you a brand new lifestyle which does work in the long run as long as you stick to it. I kept the weight off for quite sometime, but then i got sick with something that causes weight gain, but now that I am better I am going to rejoin. I hope my feedback helped in some way. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability is the best way to describe WW. If you go to the meetings knowing you have to weigh in, there is a better chance you will stay strick or true to your eating choices. I know on weigh in days I wasn't always ready for the results but the results are there whether you're ready or not.
My first week I lost 8 pounds which was a great motivator to keep going. Of course, as the weeks went on, the pounds settled out to 2 or 3 pounds a week. Even so, I was successful on WW, but gained the weight back after pregnancy, etc. It's been 9 years since that WW visit.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

In a BBC test a few years ago WW came out as one of the best diets. The procedures are good, but it's not cheap. I think you have to find one that suits you though.

The problem with all diets including WW is that unless you either change your eating habits, or stick to the dietting regime for the rest of your life you will eventually gain weight again. It's hard enough to lose weight, it's even harder to keep it off.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

I never paid for WW but had the books from a friend and counted points. I did this twice and lost weight, but eventually gained it back. I used slim fast bars, frozen dinners, and subway as the core of my diet but I never felt completely satisfied. I found it easy to "cheat" with WW.... eat food that was low in points and helped me lose weight, but wasn't the most nutritious. I always felt like I was eating my "diet" food rather than my "life" food. That made it tough to stick with. Now that I switched my eating lifestyle to fresh, healthy food, I have been much more successful. I guess I just hate the thought of diets and WW still seemed like a diet to me regardless of their marketing campaign.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

It also depends on your personality. One of my daughters, together with my sister, joined WWs....then they photocopied all their stuff and I did it with them without the meetings and I did fine...but then I lost all motivation and have since gained most of it back.

However my daughter found WWs made her very angry! She felt like WWs was telling her what to do, and she didn't like it. She is now a FitDay Member and she loves it. Her reasoning is that with FitDay it shows her what she IS doing, and she can decide for herself. I realize it is kind of silly, but that was her mindset.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

I started with WW on line just over 7 years ago and managed to lose all the weigth I wanted and then some. I gained a little bit back but was still within my ideal weight. After the birth of my 1st child I tried to restart it but because but never could quite get down to pre pregnancy weight. However, part of the problem was I get pregnant with my second child when the first was only 14 or 15 months old (they are 22 1/2 months apart). After my second child initially managed to lose down to my wedding weight but then between depression, stress, and trying to deal with two children I gained weight back. At one point I had stopped my subscription to WW because of finances but restarted it one year ago and this time it is not working. I have actually gained weight over the past year and am now down to the point I have had to buy clothes in order to have something to wear. Since finding FitDay a days ago and am hoping that with this, trying to get to the gym more often, and using some of WW ideas that this will be my year to lose.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

I have been on and off of WW for 2 years now, with little results. First I tried online only, then in Sept. decided to go to meetings. THe meetings are very helpful and being with others who also struggle helps you to feel less isolated. HOWEVER, the diet itself does not seem to work with my system. I have only lost 7 pounds in 4 months, following it very strictly and doing everything they suggested. It is very frustrating. And yes, I drank all of my water. I came here to Fitday to break down my diet more than their "points" to see if I could understand what was happening. I have learned that my fat and carbs are too high, my protein too low. For some, the points don't give enough info. and even if you are staying within their points, the weight wont come off. I am an avid ex. and work with weights as well so not ex. isn't an issue. Just be warned that if you don't see results, you may have to dig deeper to find out why. If there are others out there who have had this happen, I would love to hear from them because I feel pretty alone in this situation!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

Weight watchers is a good program, I lost 30 lbs on it and have maintained it off for over 2 years. If you continue to use there rules as a guideline it is wonderful....If you go back to eating the same as before it can and may come back. It is a lifestyle change. I now have from 163 to 135 to go and gonna start using there guidelines again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.