Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Looking for Help for some motivation! >

Looking for Help for some motivation!

Community
Notices

Looking for Help for some motivation!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Looking for Help for some motivation!

Hey Ladies.
I am trying to get back into shape and I don't even know where to start. I feel like I have no support group in my daily life that can help me with losing weight. I would like to lose 90 lbs and I just don't know where to start. Any suggestions? If you have some ideas please email me. [email protected]
Old 03-27-2010, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Log your food intake here on fitday.com and get in some daily (or nearly daily) exercise, preferably some cardio and some strengthening. I would also suggest that you cut way back on processed foods and go for foods that are fresh or fresh frozen. You might also check out the 100 or 50 pound club on the women's corner.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kejimenez87
Hey Ladies.
I am trying to get back into shape and I don't even know where to start. [email protected]
Hi There,
It is funny, but finding the right motivation is such a personnal thing. Some folks on the forums have an event coming up, weddings, reunions, etc. that motivates them to lose the weight. Others have just decided that it is time to take charge of their lives and not let food call the shots anymore. After years of running 30 to 40 lbs over weight and not seeing much progress in my speed and endurance. I decided that it was time to drop those pounds and you know what? Without even trying very hard I am already much faster and just so much more comfortable truck'n along the trails. Some folks like to leave pictures of themselves now, or pictures of what they want to look like in the future around the house (that one really doesn't work for me - it just makes be depressed and reaching for the Ben&Jerrys).

Try everything! Read the posts here to see what's working. But as almeeker said, just logging your food and taking advantage of the options FitDay has to offer is a HUGE help. Are you an emotional or boredom eater? Use the moods tab to evaluate when and why you eat. Having trouble exercising? Use the activities tab to log your activites then look at the reports to get a handle on how much you have accomplished or how much you need to add.

And and has been said over and over here. If you fall off the wagon, there ain't nothing stopping you from just climbing back on and moving forward. Lord knows we have all gone through it!

But I think maybe the best advise I have seen is that the more you stress about it, the more anxious you are about it the harder it will be. So make the decision to improve your health, focus on the future and face each challenge as they come up, not as thing they might sometime in the vague future.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Pam
Old 03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Some ideas

1. Figure out numbers! What's your current weight? What's your healthy weight range? Considering your built, should you aim for the lower or higher range of your healthy weight? What's the maximum healthy weight loss per week? Draw out the realistic map of your goals.

2. What's the reason behind your desire to lose weight? Simple question but important.

3. Once you figured out numbers and see a larger picture, drop it, and come close to a small picture - namely - ONE day at a time.

4. Don't try to change everything at once and abruptly. It'll be too much stress on your psyche and body. Gradual changes will lead you a long way.

5. If you can't muster patience and be consistent (even when you fall off the wagon sometimes), you will prolong your misery. To make it easier for you, remind yourself the most important thing - ONE day at a time. Why? Because that's all you have!

6. Since abrupt changes aren't suggested, start eliminating one poison at a time - an extra loaf of bread or an extra portion of something or an extra can of soda. I don't know what you eat but I'm sure you know exactly what is NOT good for your body that you're currently eating.

7. Make a commitment to move extra 10 minutes a day. Don't do too much because that will only discourage you. Small steps take you long way, like I said.

8. Make a commitment to not focus on negatives. Don't stand in front of the mirror and say "Omg, I'm so fat" or "I'm so disgusting" or "How can anyone be attracted to me?" Instead, find all the good things, such as "I made a decision to change my lifestyle to a more healthy one" or "I didn't eat that piece of greasy something that I usually do" or "I actually walked for 10 minutes today!" This way you will keep yourself motivated and inspired.

9. Any self-induced changes require patience, consistency, and determination. If you take just ONE day at a time, it will be easier to move forward, and soon, you will see how much you've improved!

10. Don't be afraid to veer off your way. As soon as you do, come back to your path. Don't bash yourself or feel hopeless because that will only keep you in a dark pit of misery where you've been for a while.

I'm sure there are more tips but I think it's enough for now. I hope it helped.

YOUR SACRED TEMPLE