View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

Default What is your perception of overeating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeetcheeeks;69466[COLOR="Red"
]I feel like I am allowed too many calories per day[/color]. On the days I feel good about how I have eaten I eat around half of my calorie limit; this is where I am usually at by the end of the day. On days where I feel I have over eaten I manage to get it entered in and I am still under my limit by a few hundred, which does not happen often.

Would I really lose more weight by over eating? I am getting married next summer so I am very determined to lose weight and need all the help I can get!

Hi Sweetcheeks (love your user name)

Have you tried entering your height and weight into this handy calculator?

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

Check it out. If you are still getting a daily calorie count that you feel is high, perhaps you have been under-eating for a very long time? It's hard to answer your question without any stats like your height and current weight.

But to answer the question, would you lose weight by overeating then no of course not but if you consider 1500-1700 calories per day overeating then it's a question of perception. Eating enough is important to keep your metabolism going and to make sure your body doesn't resort to consuming its own muscle to survive. If you eat too little, you go into starvation mode and your metabolism adjusts to keep as much fat in its reserves as possible. I'm simplifying the scientific process here but the bottom line is your metabolism needs energy to burn fat and energy comes from calories.

It's also important to get enough protein in your diet. What is your carbs/fat/protein ratio? I try to aim for 30-40% protein because I run 3 times a week and do other workouts too.
current weight: 174
total weight loss: 24 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-08-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added quote, title