View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Default Most posters like to keep protein in the 30-40% range

This has been the topic of some debate on the forums. Most posters like to keep protein in the 30-40% range (I personally try to stay at approx 30-35%). There are some who have had success with more and some with less. It comes down to everyones body reacts differently, so you may have to make an educated guess and be willing to change if it doesn't work for you.

I also try to limit my intake of simple carbohydrates like white bread, white rice, processed foods and sugar. Instead whole grains, brown rice, vegetables and fruit substitute. Complex carbs should make up the majority of your carb intake. If you are going to eat simple carbs eat them for breakfast or after your workout. This is when your body needs the quick replenishment of its glycogen supplies and simple carbs are good for that.

Since I eat few processed foods I don't worry about my fat percentage because most of my fat is mono- or polyunsaturated with what saturated fat coming from foods like meat, eggs, and milk. As someone above stated, fat has been shown to satiate hunger. I am currently at a 600-700 calorie defict per day and I don't normally experiencing cravings. If I do, I eat about 10 raw almonds and drink some water to satisfy the craving.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-03-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: remove siggy