Notices

The 1 variable in all successful diets

Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default The 1 variable in all successful diets

With so many different diets out there it can really be confusing. Most of them actually work - at least for some people. The variable in all of the different diets is the specific person. Every person has a different personality, motivation level, likes/dislikes, schedule, budget, etc. I have found in my nutritional counseling that the only way to really guarantee weight loss is to do a complete assessment on the individual and match them up with a food plan that will work for them individually.

I have found that by doing a thorough interview & assessment, I can actually guarantee weight loss (ie. don't charge people unless they actually lose weight). I am curious to hear from people who have bounced from 1 diet to another - have you ever gotten input from a professional? (One who is not associated with a specific product, plan, etc.). If so, did it help you as much as it does with my clients?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by TotalHealthGuidance
I am curious to hear from people who have bounced from 1 diet to another - have you ever gotten input from a professional?
Luckily that's not me. But I have yo-yoed. Now that I've got FitDay I've dropped the weight, became my own nutritionist, so I don't need a professional.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

I can actually guarantee weight loss (ie. don't charge people unless they actually lose weight). I am curious to hear from people who have bounced from 1 diet to another - have you ever gotten input from a professional? (One who is not associated with a specific product, plan, etc.). If so, did it help you as much as it does with my clients?
So you charge people to lose weight? Do you pay them if they gain some back? I can also guarantee weight loss... without ever charging them a penny. That's why FitDay is offered for free. If someone does what they are supposed to do, they WILL lose weight. It's not rocket science, it's will power, plain and simple. If you wish to make an offer to our members, please contact FitDay directly and become a paying advertiser to help keep this site running!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
so you charge people to lose weight? Do you pay them if they gain some back? I can also guarantee weight loss... Without ever charging them a penny. That's why fitday is offered for free. If someone does what they are supposed to do, they will lose weight. It's not rocket science, it's will power, plain and simple. If you wish to make an offer to our members, please contact fitday directly and become a paying advertiser to help keep this site running!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default some people here are so narrow minded!

Total Health Guidance - I have never been assessed by an independent person to find out what will work for me. I am a professional dieter.

To others that are bashing Total Health guidance - she is not advertising here, and her post does not try to make you hire his/her services. Total Health guidance has a very valid question and should not be put down. THG is looking for feedback from independent people that are not her clients. Instead she get these responses that are at best ignorant in the subject.

If it was easy for us to assess ourselves we would not be fat. But yet here we are.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Pandareina
Total Health Guidance - I have never been assessed by an independent person to find out what will work for me. I am a professional dieter.

To others that are bashing Total Health guidance - she is not advertising here, and her post does not try to make you hire his/her services. Total Health guidance has a very valid question and should not be put down. THG is looking for feedback from independent people that are not her clients. Instead she get these responses that are at best ignorant in the subject.

If it was easy for us to assess ourselves we would not be fat. But yet here we are.
Let’s talk about being “ignorant”.
1. ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/
Adjective:
1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2. Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

I’m very aware of when a member joins FitDay to spam our site, it happens all the time. The fact that they are offering a service in which they charge a fee and they are not a paying advertiser of FitDay makes them a spammer. Having their company name as their user name is reason enough to be banned. She IS IN FACT ADVERTISING for free (spamming) which is unfair for the paying advertisers that keep FitDay running for all of our members.

I understand you feel that she is innocently asking a valid question. Here are the questions…
I am curious to hear from people who have bounced from 1 diet to another - have you ever gotten input from a professional? (One who is not associated with a specific product, plan, etc.). If so, did it help you as much as it does with my clients?
She hasn’t logged back in to FitDay since she spammed our board. Does that sound to you like she’s curious to see our responses? Is that the type of person that you’d want to do business with?

No matter how you slice it, it is spam. I can see it as well as other members. I was being gracious by not banning them to begin with, which I think you failed to realize.

I'll leave this thread open for a little while in case you'd like to respond, b/c I feel you have the right to voice a response. After you respond (or a week, which ever comes first) I will delete our last comments and close this threas b/c I feel it is spam.

Thanks again for being a member of FitDay.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-16-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Why would she?

Why would this person log back in after the answers she got? She can read the replies without logging in. I would also shy away from a place where people are not welcoming.

Someone has to cut and paste her name and do a web search and even then how can you be sure that it is the him/her? One have to make many assumptions here. Also if she was welcomed and supported she may even be advertising with Fitday right now. But now instead she/he gets bullied.

I stand by my reply - that the answer given to this person was lacking knowledge, was unsophisticated at best, and rude to boot. Specially from who - a moderator?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Pandareina
Why would this person log back in after the answers she got? She can read the replies without logging in. I would also shy away from a place where people are not welcoming.

Someone has to cut and paste her name and do a web search and even then how can you be sure that it is the him/her? One have to make many assumptions here. Also if she was welcomed and supported she may even be advertising with Fitday right now. But now instead she/he gets bullied.

I stand by my reply - that the answer given to this person was lacking knowledge, was unsophisticated at best, and rude to boot. Specially from who - a moderator?
Bottom line: You take a position defending a spammer. You insult others on this board by name calling "ignorant" and "narrow minded". You are now arguing with a Moderator.

We get the last word, you don't. End of discussion. Thread closed. Mike can delete all this nonsense if/when he so chooses.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-17-2012 at 01:10 AM.