View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Kim, welcome. I like your goals. Good luck on the new veggies with your five year old.

Lizzie, I can't remember exactly but I pay somewhere between $3 and $3.49 for a 453g bag of flaxmeal. Wish I could make beautiful Irish Linen out of flaxmeal. LOL

fit4luv, I'm glad you enjoy the PC version of FitDay. I'm just too cheap to pay for it. LOL

Tori, I'm usually fine with just five hours of broken sleep. When it gets down to just 2 1/2 or 3 hours of broken sleep for more than two nights it starts to catch up with me. It's broken sleep because I have a small bladder and wake up two or three times a night for a bathroom trip even if I don't drink anything after dinner.

Amy, I agree with you--when people say their kids won't mind them, I think the kids don't mind because they know they don't HAVE to. It takes a lot of patience and letting the kids know the consequences they are CHOOSING FOR THEMSELVES if they don't choose to do what's right. It's hard to pull off sometime but I've tried to set out the good consequences they could choose rather than the punishment. "Yes, I'll be happy to drive you to the skating party Sunday afternoon if your book due Monday is finished." "Oh, so you decided you didn't want to earn money for that toy by doing extra chores?"

Chocolate Mocha Flaxmeal Muffins
Mern's recipe

They freeze well and are delicious rewarmed

**Note: these are moist muffins. If using paper muffin/cupcake tin liners,
peel off paper before rewarming in microwave for maybe 10 seconds or so.

Delicious for breakfast or a snack with a cup of almond coffee--just regular coffee to which 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract is added.

Muffin Ingredients:
1/2 cup egg substitute (like Egg Beaters) or 2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup room temperature or cold strong prepared coffee (I use decaf but use what you like)
4 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup ground flaxmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand found in baking or health food aisle of grocery store)
6 tablespoons dry Vanilla Protein Shake Mix (I use Walker Diet found online)
1 cup granular Splenda, Apriva or other heat stable, pourable artificial sweetener that measures the same as sugar (the volume is necessary for proper texture)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 12 cup muffin tin with PAM or use paper liners

1. In a large bowl beat eggs well with hand whisk.

2. Add remaining wet ingredients and combine well.

3. In a separate bowl, combine well all the dry ingredients.

4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, until just well combined with no lumps.

5. Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Bake about 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

6. Cool 5 minutes in muffin tin on wire rack. Then, if not using paper liners, loosen around each muffin with a plastic knife and then remove muffins onto wire rack.

Entire recipe makes 12--with egg substitute and pourable Splenda, and 1 net carb protein shake mix: 1412 calories; 100.7g fat; 14.4g sat fat; 54g poly fat; 23.8 mono fat; 93.2 carbs 48.1g carbs 65.9g protein; cholesterol 25mg.

Per muffin 117 calories; fat 8.4g; 1.2g sat fat; 4.6g poly fat; mono fat 2.0g; Carbs 7.7g; Fiber 4.0g; Net carbs 3.7g; Protein 5.3g; cholesterol 2.1mg
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 3/26/2014 223.4
Current weight 4/4/2014 221.2
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote