View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Almeeker, there was a day last week I did not respond to you...I didn't have the time to figure out how to put my thoughts into words but kept thinking about it, so maybe if I type it out now I can use it.

You had asked if it was that the things I used to do weren't working for me anymore, or if I just wasn't working the whole program. That's definitely a valid point and I would say it's a combination of both. I can't really work my whole program anymore because some things have changed (namely, my biggest calorie burn cardio class got canceled and I haven't found a good replacement, wrist/elbow/shoulder issues are precluding some tennis and weights, and time constraints have changed since joining another practice). The other part is that when I started FitDay 2 years ago, I was perfectly content on 1200, 1300 calories daily, but for some reason I find I can't stick to that now and I'm not sure why. I end up rebounding and eating even more than I would if I were just trying to maintain. You are absolutely correct in that what works, works, but I can't make myself do what works and that's what's not working! It's frustrating. But the bottom line is that I need to find what works NOW and do it. No excuses, no whining, just do it. Thanks for the thought-provoking question, because it really did twitch in my brain all week.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote