View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

I'm in. I had slips on Friday and Sunday, but the rest of the week was stellar, so I'm going to try to do a lot more journaling this week to try to figure this out. I've just finished re-reading two really interesting books, Mindless Eating (Brian Wansink) and The End of Overeating (David Kessler). Neither is a "diet" book but rather deal with the psychology of eating (not in textbook-y kind of way) and the way that food manufacturers "conspire" to keep us coming back to unhealthy (profitable) food, though it's not a conspiracy-theory type approach, either. I highly recommend both and they were both in my public library.

So, predictably, I have an awful headache this morning, probably from the food choices of last night (Go Ravens!), but that's not an excuse to just lounge around. I'm going to put some goals out there and get going. Best to all; looking forward to a week that will allow me to be more active on here!

1. Limit calories to 1350.
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. Journal mood-food-thoughts for everything that is not a planned meal.
4. 3 sports bottles of water daily.
5. Take all vitamins and supplements.
6. Log everything and post daily.

Checking this in ahead of time...I'm taking the boy to the movies today and I will report back that I did not eat any of the horrible food there!

Have a great week, one and all!

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote