View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Likes: almond milk, mio to flavor some of that water I drink (peach mango and peach tea), almond extract in my coffee, flaxseed, flaxseed meal, TVP, hake, Greek yogurt, flat out wraps, slim buns (slimwiches).

Dislikes: Gorton's tilapia fillets sooooo yucky, vanilla soy isolate protein powder (aka gypsum dust bleck), zero calorie chocolate sauce, wheat germ

I've been dieting on and off for years, so most of the foods I've tried over and over again, but I have tried a few new ones in the past 2 years. Can't say why the Gorton's tilapia fillets are so awful but even my husband couldn't choke them down and he's really not a fussy eater. I will never buy the soy protein powder again, I've never enjoyed drywall dust, especially as a dish to pass. There are a whole line of those 0 calories sauces, chocolate, maple syrup, a whole host of salad dressings, every one I tried was awful, tasted like chemicals. I don't know what it is about wheat germ, I know it's good for you but it just tastes like old saw dust to me, and nothing seems to cover up that taste either. I made bran muffins and put molasses in them and still all I could taste was the wheat germ. Gag me.

I actually happen to love the slim buns, we usually get the Pepperidge Farm brand or Aunt Millies, honey wheat or 7 grain. Our youngest child will choose those any day of the week over bread of any kind. Crazy but true. On the Mio, strawberry kiwi is on my list of "dislikes" but most of the rest of the flavors were fine, the peach ones however are the best.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote