Notices

Making the change!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Making the change!

Hi everyone! I just joined today. Part of my problem is that I don't eat right and want to make a change to be healthier. I logged my food today and was surprised at the level of carbs that I took in. I do work out daily but 1 mile is taking me around 14 minutes on the treadmill. I guess my goal is to run a 12 minute mile. I have the P90X videos as well and like them but find if I run and do a video in the same day I am exhausted. Not sure how this works yet so will end my post here
Old 01-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck, cameroo; glad to have you along. Poke around the forums, jump in wherever, and let us know if we can help in any way.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cameroo
Hi everyone! I just joined today. Part of my problem is that I don't eat right and want to make a change to be healthier. I logged my food today and was surprised at the level of carbs that I took in. I do work out daily but 1 mile is taking me around 14 minutes on the treadmill. I guess my goal is to run a 12 minute mile. I have the P90X videos as well and like them but find if I run and do a video in the same day I am exhausted. Not sure how this works yet so will end my post here
Maybe you could alternate between the cardio and the P90X? Good luck and welcome aboard.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

You also said your carbs are high, which means your protein is probably low. Try to adjust you foods so Protein is 30-40% of your calories. Protein is the only food your body can build and repair muscle with. Getting an adequate amount of protein will help boost your energy level and shorten the time it takes to recover after a workout.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

So this is day 2 of my diet and exercise routine. I have eaten oatmeal and an apple today so feel I have done good in the food department and I have just finished a mile on the treadmill. It took me just under 14 minutes so I feel that will improve with time. Now how do I increase my protein intake?? Please share your wisdom with me as I tend to eat a lot of bread...who doesn't love bread?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, tuna, protein shakes, protein bars, cheese, cold cuts, chicken, eggs, TVP sprinkled in your yogurt, there are lots of ways to add protein to your diet. I too love bread but have discovered that it makes me feel horrible if I eat too much of it. It also gives me really hard carb crashes, so beware of the bread. BTW oatmeal is good for you, but even higher in carbs than wheat.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

You can help me. When I logged my activity today it said I burned 4,429 calories from my 1 mile jog. That can't be right??
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

So a protein shake...are we talking about whey powder?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

I have never tried Greek yogurt but I will pick some up from the store next time I am out. thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Year, New Me

So every single year for the past 10 I have said I was going to lose weight. Still carrying the extra 75 pounds which seems to have crept up five more each year. So glad I found FIT DAY. It has helped to show me how much I actually dont eat and how limited my food choice are. I like the same foods everyday it seems, fats, sweets, carbs... you get the picture. On a positive note, I've lost 2.5 pounds since Sunday so I must be doing something right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.