Notices

Baby Weight

Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Baby Weight

Hello! I've just created an account here, and I'm hoping to lose some pounds! I just gave birth to my first son on Dec 13th, and now I have quite a few pounds to get rid of. I managed to gain over 55lbs with my pregnancy, and since the delivery I have only lost 20! I was very overweight a few years ago, but I managed to lose 60lbs with diet and exercise. It's so hard being back in horrible shape, and what's worse is I had gotten rid of all of my fat clothes! Now I have nothing that fits me. What cruel irony! Anyway, I'll be starting my exercise routine as soon as the good doctor clears me at the end of the month. In the meantime, I've started reducing my calorie intake, but boy, is it hard! I got a little too comfortable eating for two. Just wanted to introduce myself, and I hope I can find some help getting back on track!

Last edited by Jessica1213; 01-12-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Jessica! Welcome to FitDay!! Congrats on the birth of your son! There is a lot of great advice, support, and motivation to be found here. Be sure to check out the Women's Forum, a LOT of great ladies over there. In particular check out the 7 Day Motivational Thread. It's a weekly motivation thread where we all help keep each other accountable for our goals. Each week a new thread starts and is stickied so it's the first thread in the forum. The goals you make are completely up to you, and can hold over to the next week or you can make new ones, it's all up to you. There are women with all different fitness, weight, and health levels, and we all try to keep each other motivated. And there's also Mike, the only man to actively contribute to the thread. We consider him one of the girls and he helps give the sometimes needed male view to our little female universe. Would love for you to check it out and get to know everyone!

Good luck on your journey!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to pop in here & say a big
Hope you can get cleared soon - and congrats on your wee little one!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to you both!