Notices

Testosterone

Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Testosterone

Anyone know anything about these claims that increasing testosterone levels, will boost metabolism? Help with weight loss,management?

Or tried Green Tea...for the same thing?

Likely all snake oil,..but thought I'd ask?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

testosterone should be HIGHLY effective. I would contact your doctor before getting on it though.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Taking testosterone is only indicated if your levels are below normal. Excess testosterone simply causes the body to produce less of it's own.

Also, obtaining any anabolic steroid without a prescription is illegal.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Older men, by default, have lower testosterone levels. I see where you're 60+ so I would assume that you're levels are much lower than when you were 20.

That said, I've just looked into the big T lately myself. I'm not going to take some dumb supplement, as I already take enough supplements, but I have looked into increasing my T naturally.

Here's a great resource:

13 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Testosterone Levels

As a side note, I eat peanuts every day for the myriad of health benefits they supply. And I've learned to enjoy honey roasted peanuts more than sugary sweets.

Also, google [Foods to increase testosterone naturally] for more resources.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-12-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Older men, by default, have lower testosterone levels. I see where you're 60+ so I would assume that you're levels are much lower than when you were 20.

That said, I've just looked into the big T lately myself. I'm not going to take some dumb supplement, as I already take enough supplements, but I have looked into increasing my T naturally.

Here's a great resource:

13 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Testosterone Levels

As a side note, I eat peanuts every day for the myriad of health benefits they supply. And I've learned to enjoy honey roasted peanuts more than sugary sweets.

Also, google [Foods to increase testosterone naturally] for more resources.
I have read some of that. Think I'll look more into the Green Tea thing?

Atleast there are no side effects that I've heard of.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

I've never heard about green tea increasing T but green tea has a lot of great health benefits, one of which is to help burn belly fat; therefore, indirectly, green tea would help with T.

I drink green tea every day and only because it's healthy. It's not like I enjoy the taste, but I don't dislike it either. I prefer black tea, iced. But black tea isn't as healthy, although it's still very good.

I've done a lot of reading on green tea and never saw any direct relationship about drinking it and positive effects on Testosterone. If you've got a link please point me in the direction.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

And I've learned to enjoy honey roasted peanuts more than sugary sweets.
"Nuts are good for your nuts."
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
"Nuts are good for your nuts."
Maybe you're nuts. Peanuts are actually legumes.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. All in good fun. Next time you can get me back, it won't be long till I give you some ammo, I'm sure.

But NUTS are good for the nuts, so you are correct.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

I've never heard about green tea increasing T but green tea has a lot of great health benefits, one of which is to help burn belly fat; therefore, indirectly, green tea would help with T.

I drink green tea every day and only because it's healthy. It's not like I enjoy the taste, but I don't dislike it either. I prefer black tea, iced. But black tea isn't as healthy, although it's still very good.

I've done a lot of reading on green tea and never saw any direct relationship about drinking it and positive effects on Testosterone. If you've got a link please point me in the direction.
Perhaps i said it wrong. No connection between Green tea & "T" just that green tea [can]/[might] aid in weight loss. Same reason i was interested in the "T" boost.

BTW...I don't care for green tea taste either..But..a few drops of Vanilla in a cup makes a huge difference!....give it a try?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Good tip! That's a new one, I'll try it. Sounds very good, and I've already got the extract on hand.

I'm a real green tea enthusiast, so I'm really appreciating your interest. We also have a whole thread dedicated to specifically green tea, if you haven's seen it yet:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ight-loss.html

There's some other tips in that thread as well. But your vanilla extract idea sounds like a definite winner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.