View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
clarkslp
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki View Post
lucious,
Try planning a snack. You know you will be noshy at night, so lay out an evening snack that you can look forward to, and add it into your daily calories. If you have a hankering for sweets, a greek yogurt w/fruit, or a low calorie pudding cup works well. If it is a salty, crunchy pita chips (they are easy to make from WW pits) and a 1/4cup humus, of a low calorie cheese with wasa bread thins. Knowing that you have that waiting for you may help stave off the mindless noshing.
Totally agree. I always plan to have a good snack at night and make sure it contains protein and ideally some fiber. For me I find an apple with peanut butter, just plain peanuts, or a greek yogurt with some fruit works well for me. I am also a big fan of multi-grain chips with a good black bean dip (heavy on the dip)...but try to limit that to once/week because of the sodium level.

I have also found that if I am getting 25-35g of fiber during the day I am less hungry at night. To me this is the other side of eating junk/fast food....no fiber to help you feel full.
Original Goal: 20% body fat - achieved 3/1/12

Last weigh-in: 3-May-2012: 177.6,
Last body fat measurement: Oct 15,2012: 14.1%

Goal: Maintain < 20% body fat and < 180lb
Days Maintained : 427
clarkslp is offline   Reply With Quote