View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #897 (permalink)
dear_abby
FitDay Member

Pam - you are entitled to a day off - that bed can sure be nice...

Lucious L – you’ll soon be back to 5K – with us rooting you on – let us know what works for nagging you – report your distances and we’ll give gentle prods

UrbanMule – what’s your big picture goal with all this training – is it a distance, time, or just being more fit?

Today I did wake and bake - this is not an aerobic program - but preparing for a birthday dinner I'm throwing for a friend tonight. I made a bourbon cake - a half recipe is too much for my small tube pan. I've messed up by overfilling before, so I was stuck with a fair bit of waste batter. I stood and looked at the about half cup of batter in the bowl, stuck my finger in, licked it off, and reached for a spoon, then, very proud of myself, I scraped the extra batter into the trash instead of into my mouth!

I think I'll be able to eat pretty healthy, we’re doing lobster (small group, and in Boston, you can buy ones that are in the Atlantic now!) Lobster without butter is not a wicked food.

I am pleased to report I hit 158.4 this morning, this is my pre-Thanksgiving weight, and so, since yesterday was the 12th day of Christmas, I did succeed in “maintain not gain through the holidays. I’ve joined a 10 pound challenge at the Y – it’s actually a little redundant with Fitday – I’m using “LoseIt” software (which has a cool free Android app for logging food and exercise).
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote