View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
DJBlankenship
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbright120 View Post
I was in a similar situation as you. I am 6' and at heaviest was ~230. Now down to about 190 but have added a lot of muscle and waist size is pretty much where I need it to be. So take my opinion for what it's worth.

For the amount of exercising you do you should get about 150-200 g of protein per day. Eggs, grass fed (if possible) meats etc. Protein shakes are fine to replace if in a pinch but try to stick with natural choices if possible. Make sure you stay away from high carb shakes however.

I'll keep the response specific to what you asked but let me know if you want more info on what works for me.

Good luck
well I've only tried 2 different flavors(also the only 2 shakes) of protein powder. Didn't care too much for either. Last night a friend gave me some protein bars. And of course, they were nasty. Plus I don't like the idea of replacing a meal with a "candy bar".

If you wouldn't care, I would be interested in seeing wha worked for you. I no everyone one is different and not all diets works for everyone. But, any info helps. Thanks in advance.
DJBlankenship is offline   Reply With Quote