Notices

going out to celebrate

Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Talking going out to celebrate

Going to have a couple of be
ers and eat some good food today to celebrate a special day. I would normally feel really guilty about messing up my diet. I'm happy to say this time around its a life change life style thing and I know fitday and the gym will be waiting for me tomorrow. Still going to to log my food and drink today.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Good attitude. You're in this for the log haul now. A day here and there "celebrating" isn't going to get in your way; you've set your sights on the goal. Enjoy, just don't go too crazy.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
Going to have a couple of be
ers and eat some good food today to celebrate a special day. I would normally feel really guilty about messing up my diet. I'm happy to say this time around its a life change life style thing and I know fitday and the gym will be waiting for me tomorrow. Still going to to log my food and drink today.
That's the "spirit"! And, I think, the ultimate answer--we can't be "perfect" all the time, and there's no need to. We just need (drum roll.....) moderation. Easier said than done, but with practice it seems to get easier. Have fun!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the replies. I over did it a bit and I'm back up to 330 today when weighted (was 227 previously). I had fun though and writing everything down throughout the night kept me from going really crazy like I would have before I started logging my food on fitday.

My parents took me out to lunch today. I mentally prepared and decided I would get grilled fish or shrimp instead of beef something or a greasy whatever. Had a very tasty lunch and I don't feel stuffed or sick.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, liquidlizard. Small steps at a time, easy does it. Just keep working on your progress and you will see the benefits over the long haul.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, weight swings are to be expected. Get back on your plan and you'll be down again in no time and good job on not going nuts at the restaurant. Let me tell you that I still have trouble at all-you-can-eat joints! I have to really take control, go for the good proteins and leave everything that I "know" is bad alone. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I'm not freaking out over the 3 pound gain. I'll lose that and much more in the near future.

I'm totally with you about the all-you-can-eat places. I'm staying away from pizza and all-you-can-eat until I have a couple of months of good behavior under my belt.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
Yeah, I'm not freaking out over the 3 pound gain.
I have noticed I almost always will take a jump in weight the day after eating out...pretty sure it's the high amounts of sodium restaurants use. Even in 'healthy' choices it can be sky high. The sodium causes you to regain water.

3lbs is 10,500 calories...very much doubt you ate that much in one night. You will most likely see those pounds drop quickly away once you get back into your routine.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah salt for sure is a factor. I'm down to 222 today, only two weeks later so I'm doing fine.

I did it again though. I ate too much again yesterday. I was even less then 222 but I went to Sweet Tomato's and managed to eat almost 2000 calories in salad, soup and a couple of bread sticks. Feta cheese is tasty!

Last edited by liquidlizard; 01-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.