Thread: Trying again...
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msclark40 View Post
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm finding things so difficult. I work from home and working third shift are my two biggest problems. I find myself thinking alot.. the fridge is right there... I have the munchies for something to snack on while I'm sitting here bored to death and then boom, before I know it, I've downed an entire box of cookies or crackers. What's sad is I have to find reasons to get out of the house at all. I'm seriously thinking about joining a gym because I figure it would kill two birds with one stone, the weight thing and having a reason to get out of the house other than going to the grocery store. I never would have thought working from home would make me such a shut-in. Ah, but, not giving up this time. It may take me forever but I will get there. I just need to find other things to do and think of things I can do outside of the house to get myself back in the mood for being healthy. It has become so easy to be complacent and lazy.
One thing that will really help is to rid your house of all the unhealthy snacks you know aren't good for you. I don't know how many people, family members, etc share your abode, but do your best to make them understand that certain foods just can't in the house, or at least in common areas everyone shares. There a couple of moms here that insist that holiday treats be kept in kid's rooms or away from the kitchen. I don't know if that is possible, but "out of sight... out of mind" is very true.

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote