View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newjen2012
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki View Post
Hi Jen,
Welcome. For many of us, about a pound a week on average works pretty well. As you probably know it will be a little easier at first (once you get into better diet and exercise routine). A pound a week is about a 500 calorie daily deficit. So, if your calorie maintence level is 2000 per day, and only eat 1500 per day, you should lose about a pound.

One of the reason why I shoot for a pound is so that I see progress. I can get discouraged pretty quickly and a half a pound is the same weight as a cup of water, so it can be hard to see that half pound.

But there are lots of ups and downs, water retention, retention of the other waste product (ahem), and just plain stubborness on the part of our bodies.

Have you checked in to all the tools available in FitDay? It can help you calculate your current calorie requirement based on activity and can also show you a chart of weight loss based on calorie restriction.

Hope to see you around girl! Lots of help, support, and sharing going on around here .
Hi Pam,

Yes i have done everything i possibly can and are going off a pound a week, thanks for your words it really gets me motivated, if i ever feel i am going downhill all i need is these forums to pick me back up! so far so good though!

Thanks for your msg! xx

George Bernard Shaw
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

15 in 15 Easter Goal
Week 1: 365 Ibs
Week 2: 361 Ibs
Week 3: 359 Ibs
Week 4: 353 Ibs
Week 5: 348 Ibs
Week 6: 346 Ibs
Newjen2012 is offline   Reply With Quote