Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
However, thankfully, both nutrients are hard to overdose on. BTW, potassium supplements are teeny-tiny compared to the human requirement - I have not idea why
I think it's to make the supplement less potentially harmful by overdose. Basically you'd have to take an entire bottle of 99 mg supplement for an overdose which is more difficult to do than just a handful.
An overdose of potassium can stop the heart. It's part of the "lethal cocktail" they use in lethal injections for capital punishment.
I make sure to log my potassium if I take any supplement or am ingesting any KCL "table salt substitute". From what I've read, and I'm not sure, but I think the lethal does has to be around 10 grams at once.