View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of potatssium. You can definitely overdo it trying to supplement potassium when you low-carb, and even end up in the hospital (or worse). No wonder your pharmacist was confused.

Talk to your doctor instead. Here's the best thing about fitday: you can show him on the office computer (his office) exactly what you're talking about. Just pull up the reports of what you've accurately been eating. Short in potassium? It will show how short. And what have you been eating, by the way? Show him. And the reports that go with that.

That's what fitday does so well.Call me a report-a-holic...I'm constantly pulling up reports that show I'm getting 150% of my vitamin A requirement but 80% of my pantothenic acid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciousL View Post
Thanx for this thread, I seem to be lacking in potassium and pantothenic acid (sp?) daily, I do eat tomato and nuts etc but I am going to look further into foods high in these two trace elements/minerals.
Actually FitDay doesn't do as great a job with potassium as it should - but it isn't FitDay's fault. Potassium and Panthonenic acid are not required reporting units for many foods, so while what you eat may contain both, the manufacturer/chef may not have to report it - thus it appears to be zero.

However, thankfully, both nutrients are hard to overdose on. BTW, potassium supplements are teeny-tiny compared to the human requirement - I have not idea why

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote