Notices

FitDay PC and Linux

Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay PC and Linux

is there a linux/ubuntu version of fitday pc i have seen the pc on windows and i like it better than the online one
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Sorry, the only version is for Windows. I agree, FitDay PC is great--I've switched to using it almost exclusively.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay PC on Linux

I will be trying FitDay PC on Linux this week using WINE. I will post my results once I'm finished.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dwingram
I will be trying FitDay PC on Linux this week using WINE. I will post my results once I'm finished.
Cool! Be sure to let us know how it works.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay PC on Linux using WINE

WINE is a Windows emulator that runs on Linux. I am currently running version 1.2 on Ubuntu 11.10.

This morning I installed FitDay for PC v2.0 using WINE on my Ubuntu machine. The results are as follows:

(1) I experienced a number of error messages related to a failure to build menus, however all menus appear to work fine within FitDay.

(2) The cursor doesn't always appear when it is in a selected field. I can type data into a field and verify that it is where I think it is, but it is not always evident where the cursor is until I do that. There have been a number of occasions where I have to right click on a field to "release" the cursor location and can then left click and the cursor appears. I do not know yet what combinations of mouse operations create this issue, but it is nothing more than a minor annoyance.

So far these are the only problems I am having. After I spend more time using the application on Linux, I will update the forum with any other thoughts or issues.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Very cool, dwingram. We always appreciate feedback like this.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay PC on Linux using WINE

I have been using FitDay PC on my Linux machine for a month now. I am having no issues at all. The cursor issue that I mentioned before is even less of an annoyance than I expected.

This looks like a good product to run under WINE.

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 08-12-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Proprietary software

Hi,

Has FitDay come any closer to porting this for GNU users?

Thank you.