Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion >

April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion

Notices

April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion

Old 01-01-2012, 01:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default April Fool's Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge Discussion

It's 2012 and time for a new challenge! We'll start today and go 'til April 1st, a nice 90 day time frame.

A 10% loss is purely arbitrary and may or may not be right for you. Personally, this time I'm going for a 5% loss of body weight.

Like previous challenges we'll keep this thread for discussion and the other one for check-ins. We'll "copy and paste" the latest post and add our new info. Let's keep the list in alpha order by user name for ease of reading.

I like to list starting weight, then pounds lost and percentage, but to each his/her own.

To calculate percentage of body weight lost, you simply divide pounds lost by starting weight. Ex: 10 pounds lost, starting weigt of 185 equals .054 or rounded down, 5%.

Let's do it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

i'm all up for it again it helps me stay focused and i like to show my progress.

i know the last one i started abit late so i didn't quite meet my 10% goal but it was close.

this time strting from my friday weight-in of 213.8 lbs i need to lose 21.4 lbs for 10% of my body weight which would put me at 192.4

which would be freaken awesome if i hit that snice it's been a few years of being over 200 pounds and once i get under i don't plan to go back!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in to start the new year. Hopefully life will cooperate!!

I weighed 163.2 this morning. A 10% loss would be 16.3 lbs...or 147 lbs., roughly. It would be WONDERFUL to see that weight in April, so I'm going to go for it, though I will be happy to reach 150!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks! I'm in for a new challenge! I stuck with it for the New Year challenge, but didn't have the results I wanted. I think three months is good for a 10% goal - something to reach for! So, that would be a 17 lb loss, so my goal is... 154 lbs. I was hoping to have reached my final goal by summer, but if I can reach this, I'll be happy!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

I started last challenge but did not finish it as a result I ended up gaining weight. I need to stay focused and complete this challenge.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

How we doing, people!?

I'm kinda off to a slow start, but the downward trend it still there and I'm in no big hurry to lose the final 15 to 20 so. I did see 182 on the scale this morning, but I might have been a little dehydrated--I can fluctuate several pounds in a day. Still, that's the lowest I've seen, so I'll take it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-20-2012, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! I'd love to get in on this.

For those who don't know or remember me, i got off to what i felt was a really good start in November of 2010, then proceeded to fall apart some time after last year's April Fool's challenge. Ups nd downs aside, and long story short, i'm back and hugely motivated. I've got some ground to recover, about 35lbs that i packed back on. Mostly i just want to get back to tracking everything and leaning on this great community.

I saw some familiar names in the check in thread. Congratulations to all of you who are working it, and especially those who have stuck with it. Michael! This time last year i was chasing you. Look at you now! I'm so glad you're still here for my selfish inspiration. Your progress is amazing!

Good luck and good health everyone!

Matt
Old 01-20-2012, 01:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Hey everyone! I'd love to get in on this.

For those who don't know or remember me, i got off to what i felt was a really good start in November of 2010, then proceeded to fall apart some time after last year's April Fool's challenge. Ups nd downs aside, and long story short, i'm back and hugely motivated. I've got some ground to recover, about 35lbs that i packed back on. Mostly i just want to get back to tracking everything and leaning on this great community.

I saw some familiar names in the check in thread. Congratulations to all of you who are working it, and especially those who have stuck with it. Michael! This time last year i was chasing you. Look at you now! I'm so glad you're still here for my selfish inspiration. Your progress is amazing!

Good luck and good health everyone!

Matt
Matt, welcome back! Glad to see you're ready to get back on track and get this done.

I've been going up and down a bit and need to get serious about losing the last 20 lbs or so. Limited exercise and too many calories (many from adult beverages) is a bad road to head down! Still, I've managed to stay under 190 and learning to deal with potentially bad habits and situations is something it's
going to take to maintain eventually.

So, let's do it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

I'm ready.

Start weight: 291
10% to lose: 29
Goal weight: 262

OMG, if I can do this, I'll only have 12# to go to my goal for the year.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in. This morning I was at 151.5 so 10% means I need to lose about 15lbs and that will put me at 136.5. My goal is to get back under 135, so if I can do this, I'll be practically there. I'm not sure I'll pull it off though since I know my weight loss tends to slow down a lot as I get close to my goal. That said, I'm gonna go for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.