Notices

Anyone else having problems with their profile's time zone?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Question Anyone else having problems with their profile's time zone?

My profile's time zone keeps switching to "IST" (Indian Standard Time)...no matter HOW many times I change it to "EST" (Eastern Standard Time). This is some kind of programming error.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

This problem has just come up recently. Read through this thread for the solution, and if this doesn't help, post your question there for technical support:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ime-zones.html
Old 01-01-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having trouble with this also. I'm in EST, but it keeps switching to India time? I can't see the link in Vito's thread, says I don't have permission. This is really my first post here. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LBD301
I'm having trouble with this also. I'm in EST, but it keeps switching to India time? I can't see the link in Vito's thread, says I don't have permission. This is really my first post here. Thanks!
That's weird. The thread is within the Beta forum so you should have permission.

It's the thread named "FitDay Beta does not recognize time Zones." and is in the Beta Forum, on the first page.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-01-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Vito, it will not let me in that link, says I don't have sufficient enough privileges or something. How do I get to the beta forum?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LBD301
Vito, it will not let me in that link, says I don't have sufficient enough privileges or something. How do I get to the beta forum?

Now I see the problem. I just tried logging in with a test account, and I too cannot see the Beta forum any longer with the test account. The forum was accessed from the Profile page, where one had to choose "Beta" or "Classic" from a pulldown menu. That option has been eliminated. If you go to your Profile page I'm sure you'll see that there is no option to select Beta.

Choosing Beta allowed access to the Beta forum. Since this is no longer an option under Profile, you cannot see the Beta forum. Bottom line: unfortunately you were "late to the game", no fault of yours.

They are getting ready to roll out the new FitDay so I think this is why they have closed access to the Beta.

However, I have accommodated your request and have copied the thread from the Beta forum over to Support. Here is the link. The thread is closed and will stay that way. If you still have questions after reading through the thread, reply back to this thread.

Confused? LOL I'm pretty much confused too.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ime-zones.html
Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi

I just wanted to add that to get into the forum time change you go to user cp(upper left corner) then edit options then time zone then turn dst off. I couldn't find it the first time I looked and I don't remember if I ever really made that step clear.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

LOL, OK, I changed DST correction to always off. That thread you linked sure got confusing though! But it's all good now, thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Great news, LBD301. I wasn't sure what you're situation was that's why I directed you to the thread. I figured you'd be able to sort it out, and you did.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dminor4
My profile's time zone keeps switching to "IST" (Indian Standard Time)...no matter HOW many times I change it to "EST" (Eastern Standard Time). This is some kind of programming error.

I'm having the same problem. Tried 3 times today to fix it, and it keeps going to IST.