Thread: Atkins
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
angabre
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathArrow View Post
I have a question. How can you guys survive on so FEW carbs???
Seriously, I thought the Atkins diet was not a good diet because once you get off it, you gain it all back (at least what I have heard) and...it's not healthy because your body isn't meant to live off so few carbs (again, what I have heard).
So how can you guys say you actually like it? What exactly are you guys eating? Lol
I want to lose about 20-30 pounds, and I've been going slowly after my own just-eating-healthy diet...and this Atkins diet seems way too much of a quick fix, and to make it worse, it seems like you guys are saying it's EASY. Too good to be true guys, Hahaha, so just tell me..what are you guys eating? How long do you plan to do it? Is it really a healthy approach to weight loss?
Even so, I still wouldn't do it because that would involve telling my dad to buy Atkins stuff and he's just gonna be like "why why why"
Atkins is not what most people think it is. I eat alot and I'm full. Phase 1 restricts you to only certain vegtables. But these are low carb veggies so you are actually eating alot of them! You can have unlimited meats (within reason) but there isn't much room for alot once you've ate a plate full of veggies. That is only phase one. Phase 2 you gradually add back more veggies, nuts, fruits and more. And slowly up your carbs. The idea is that everyone has a different threshold for carbs so you keep adding until your weight loss stops or slows.
It isn't a quick fix. It is intended to be a way of eating for the rest of your life. But the phase 1 of only 20 carbs is not he way you will be eating from now on. That is only for 2 or so weeks.
You don't need the products. lots of people don't use them at all. And there are lessons on the site that pretty much tell you how to do it.
angabre is offline   Reply With Quote