View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by handcycle2005 View Post
As gt said, lift heavy-3-5 sets, 6-10 reps.

You can continue cardio but you need to get enough calories.

I trained for and completed a 100 miler on my handcycle while benching 315 lb at a bodyweight of 185. My weight remained stable throughout.

DO NOT fall prey to the lure of "miracle potion" supplements. The only thing they make bigger are the sellers' bank accounts.

You only need three supplements.
Protein, if you have trouble getting enough. A simple whey or whey/egg will do fine.
Multivitamin/mineral supplement-RDA doses are fine. Hypersupplementation is worthless.
Creatine-will not make you bigger on it;s own but does allow more work to be done.
I agree, I was just saying to skip the cardio b/c running 2-4 miles would just make it that much more difficult to put on weight. If he can make up for it by eating THAT much more then he'll be good. Most people do cardio for a few reasons... they are trying to lose weight, think they need to do it to get lean or just like doing it. I think it's a good way to lose weight (anytime you're burning extra calories it should help with weight loss). I think if someone's diet is really good, they can get lean without cardio (even if eating at a surplus). If he's doing it b/c he like to, then great, he'll just have to eat more.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote