Notices

Fresher

Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fresher

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to forums but have been on Fitday since 12 Sept 2011. Start weight was 364lb, down to 308lb today. Kind of pannicking about having time off work over Christmas incase I go off track- any tips from you experienced low-carbers?

Thanks,

Kay
Old 12-13-2011, 08:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your great start!

When I started my lifestyle change (this time) I decided right off the bat to not be "perfect". In the past, "all or nothing thinking" has derailed me more than once. So, I decided that I'd include a "day off" once a month.

Now I would not go totally nuts on that day, or eat my trigger foods (desserts, pastries, candy) but if I went over my daily calorie goal with good foods (and usually some adult beverages) then it would be fine and the next day I'd be right back to my normal calorie range.

This has worked pretty well. I'm in this for the long haul this time, and it will be two years in May. Kind of a long time, but I really think the "slow and steady" method is the best (having done it the "fast and furious" way in the past and gained back all I lost plus some).

Anyway, that's my advice, enjoy the holiday, eat some "good" food, avoid the crap, log EVERYTHING and get right back to your usual calorie level.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-28-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm a newbie..... hope your holidays went the way you wanted. I have over 100 lbs to lose, I know it will be a process, but sure wish it would come off tomorrow. : ) Good luck on your weight loss.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by doz05
Hi, I'm a newbie..... hope your holidays went the way you wanted. I have over 100 lbs to lose, I know it will be a process, but sure wish it would come off tomorrow. : ) Good luck on your weight loss.
Welcome! 100 lbs. can come off in "no time" if you're willing to make the commitment. Come up with an eating plan you can stick to and log everything on FitDay religiously and you can't fail. Let us know how you're doing and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,
Michael