Notices

Men's 5-15 Pound Club

Old 11-22-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by macs417
Wow! That's a lot of info. Thanks! After reading it, I see I'm doing nearly everything except the two I just don't have time for: sleep and exercise! Without getting into the boring details, let's just say I'm going from the time I get up in the morning (6am) until I go to bed (1am). In order to add exercise, I'd have to sacrifice more sleep! And the older I get, the more I think that's really not a good idea... My only other caveat is "macros". I have to admit I'm completely ignorant as to what you're even talking about here, but I will look into it. Thanks again!
You're welcome! I had to put all my thoughts down in one place sooner or later...

I've read that making sure you get adequate sleep helps with weight loss.

Sleep and Weight Loss: How Lack of Sleep Can Cause You to Gain Weight

I hope you can make time for more sleep. It's really important for health.

Macros are your macronutrient ratios. Carb-Fats-Protein ratios. For instance, the "Zone Diet" says the mix should be 40%-30%-30%. This is very balanced and very healthy. Mixing up your macros, say one day is 48-25-27 and then the next is something like 42-20-38 is a great way to keep your body from adjusting to what you're eating, so mixing macros like this is good for weight loss when you're incorporating a calorie deficit as well.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

I am new here - looking for friends.

My own goals are a mere 11 lbs, but this comes on the heels of a major journey where I already lost 65 lbs. My goal now is more fat loss than weight.

I am seeking peak fitness.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Bobby!

Congratulations on your big loss so far, that's a real achievement! I'm glad you've found FitDay, along with this thread. We have a lot of weight loss tips here and a lot of great threads you can read through to get oriented and feel at home. A good place to start, because the software itself plus the forum can be a bit daunting, would be to check out this thread:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65241

Again, welcome, and feel free to come back to this thread to support your "End Zone Goal".