View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crimpet
FitDay Member

Unhappy Don't know what's wrong

I have a very active job now where I'm walking,lifting,pushing,pulling etc 6-8 hours a day during slow season and 8-12 hours a day during busy season (I work as a merchandiser supervisor for a plant nursery in a garden center)

Before starting I had a completely sedentary lifestyle in Turkey and when we moved back to the US in September I started my job so I went from being completely sedentary to totally active 6 days a week. I know my back suffered from it and now my lumbar is really bad-the muscles are beyond weak. My problem is that my weight loss has also stopped completely-in fact I WAS losing weight at first, but I gained it all back in the past month. Now, I havn't changed much for me to be unable to lose weight with how active I am vs. how many calories I'm eating, but I'm starting to think it's a protein issue. My muscles are feeling like they're not developing or getting stronger from all the exertion, though normally the stuff I do would help me to at least strengthen up my muscles (I did this job years ago and I got into amazing shape before moving to Turkey).

I don't know what could be wrong. Could it be a lack of protien? Not enough water? A lack of rest? I only have one day off per week and I only get a 30 minute break at work,and I usually only tale 15 minutes and eat standing up-I rarely sit during my shift. To boot I commute home, and that's an additional hour of walking and about an hour of standing. So I have anywhere from 8-14 hours a day of standing/walking (not including home). I sometimes stretch when I'm standing at the bus stop, but that's it.

Is there anything I am doing which could be causing my muscles to get weaker? Could not getting enough protein cause my body to lose muscle? I can feel I lost some weight in my back/chest but nowhere else. I don't eat much meat at home-a lot of pasta lately, cheeses, fruit and occasionaly we'll have some fish or red meat.

My muscles feel stiff every day to boot-like I'm not rested even when I wake up (moving is hard when I finally let my body relax).
Any advise would be greatly appreciated as well as tips for stretches or ways to build muscles in my back and legs.

Thanks!

Last edited by Crimpet; 12-19-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Crimpet is offline   Reply With Quote