Notices

Need to reduce belly fat

Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Need to reduce belly fat

I thing that kick boxing on a punching bag can be very effective on losing stomach fat and tightening your belly. It is affecting every muscle, but if you use your legs more, you are pointing stomach.
I would like to hear other opinions.
Regards!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Melissa,

It may be a good exercise to strengthen Abs, but it will not make you lose stomach fat any more than it will help you lose neck fat. You cannot "spot reduce" areas of your body for fat loss.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

what farr said...you cannot spot reduce fat

As much as I wish one could, this is just not possible. Your body losses fat in a layered effect much like a onion.

A punching bag is a great cardio exercise but the only way to drop belly fat is to lower your total BF%.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
FitDay Member

Glenn1978 - perhaps you could drink some herbal tea. That may help. I am sure that Melissa can point you in the right direction.

Melissa - nice attempt to develop credibility (Fail!)
Old 04-11-2010, 06:11 PM
FitDay Member

John, COME ON MAN...... LEAVE ME ALONE! I didnt fill those tables, I left them by default. I've joined this site to discus.
You are so boring.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-06-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

But what if I just have fat on my stomach. Of course my but is made of fat, butt my arms, my legs, they are not fat.
I have idea that working out on a punch bag is efective and if you use legs and high kiks you are concetrating more on stomach, and it tightens whole body, that's for sure.
I mean if your body has no fuel except on your stomach it will use it, and after that kind of workout you give it just proteins.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Melissafit79
But what if I just have fat on my stomach. Of course my but is made of fat, butt my arms, my legs, they are not fat.
I have idea that working out on a punch bag is effective and if you use legs and high kiks you are concetrating more on stomach, and it tightens whole body, that's for sure.
I mean if your body has no fuel except on your stomach it will use it, and after that kind of workout you give it just proteins.
If what they are saying is true, that you lose in layers, where are the layers?
Is there not a layer on your belly?
If so then you are correct, punching bag does reduce belly fat because it is part of the layer.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 PM
FitDay Member

I think in the end it is a commbination of the right exercise and the right diet.
Kickboxing burns a lot off calories, but once again if a person eats more than what he/she burns you will never see a fat reduction.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

The point I was trying to make by saying that you lose fat in layers is you can't target a specific area of fat and lose it by doing one type of exercise. You can tone certain groups of muscles, but you can't aim your exercises at your stomach and only burn off the fat that is there. In operating at a calorie deficet your body will burn fat all over your body. So with that being said, kickboxing is a great way to lose body fat not just belly fat.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by glenn1978; 04-20-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

If you have a house that is flooded with water you can't just pump the water out of one room --- even though the pump is set up in one room.

As the pump works to remove the water the water level drops across all the rooms.

The same is true with fat reduction. You may be working the pump on the stomach but fat reduction works across the whole body because it is stored all over the body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.