Notices

Differences between FitDay, FitDay PC, and FitDay Premium

Old 12-10-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Arrow Differences between FitDay, FitDay PC, and FitDay Premium

Hello. I am a little confused and could use some help. I have the fitday iPhone ap and love it- it has been very helpful and it makes tracking my calories so easy. I was forever forgetting to write things down the old way. I also have used the free online version and now want to upgrade. I see fit day PC version 2 in 29.95 and that upgrading to a premium membership is 49.95. Which should I chose or do I need to do both? I cant figure out what the difference between the two pay options are. Any insight? Thanks so much!

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-11-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Changed title of thread
Old 12-10-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by amusin
Hello. I am a little confused and could use some help. I have the fitday iPhone ap and love it- it has been very helpful and it makes tracking my calories so easy. I was forever forgetting to write things down the old way. I also have used the free online version and now want to upgrade. I see fit day PC version 2 in 29.95 and that upgrading to a premium membership is 49.95. Which should I chose or do I need to do both? I cant figure out what the difference between the two pay options are. Any insight? Thanks so much!
Anyone out there? I want to download one of the options today. Please?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Differences between FitDay, FitDay PC, and FitDay Premium

FitDay PC:

Get FD PC if you just want a standalone version for your computer which you can use off line. The free version is still available to use as well. FitDay PC offers a recipe builder, which in itself is worth the money. It also tracks Net Carbs for those of you needing that function. In addition, it provides enhanced Reports. It's a real bargain for $29.95.

FitDay Premium & PC:

You'll need the Premium service, along with the PC version, if you want to sync between your home computer and the on line FitDay for your food journal, etc. Premium also delivers the journaling experience without advertising, as well as enhanced Reports.

FitDay Premium:

You can just get the Premium if you want added features to your on line experience. This is especially desirable if you want to track certain nutrients because of specific health issues. Alsso, there is no advertising and there are enhanced Reports.

Some decide to get the Premium without getting the PC version.

FitDay free service:

If none of the above choices are desirable, then stick with the free on line version of FitDay.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-13-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

I'm using FitDay PC but started with on-line. I noticed a big difference in the recommended intake for potassium in these two versions. On-line, I am not getting enough (4700 mg), but in FitDay PC, 3715 mg is 106%. Why the difference? There is also a difference in sodium. In the on-line version, I'm getting too much if I go over 1300 mg, but FditDay PC says that 2023 mg sodium is only 84% of the max. Why the difference. My profile is the same in both, so it's not an age or sex difference. I haven't checked other nutrients but am concerned about these. What should I be aiming for?
Old 12-13-2011, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kiehnaumartin
I'm using FitDay PC but started with on-line. I noticed a big difference in the recommended intake for potassium in these two versions. On-line, I am not getting enough (4700 mg), but in FitDay PC, 3715 mg is 106%. Why the difference? There is also a difference in sodium. In the on-line version, I'm getting too much if I go over 1300 mg, but FditDay PC says that 2023 mg sodium is only 84% of the max. Why the difference. My profile is the same in both, so it's not an age or sex difference. I haven't checked other nutrients but am concerned about these. What should I be aiming for?
Let's start with the sodium. The FD online Na is ridiculously low. I asked about it, but never got a response.

I've seen Na maximums anywhere from 2300-2400 mg from sources, and I've checked many.. So I would believe the PC version on this, and basically ignore the online number, OR set your own custom nutrient goal for Na for online. 2023 is still pretty low, and this is the number (2k and below) established for those with high blood pressure. If you don't have that, you can go up to 2.4 grams or 2.5 grams safely. The weekly average is really what's important here, IMO, since it's very easy to have a "high salt day".

As far as Potassium, 4700 mg per day IS the established RDA for everyone, so I have no idea why the PC version would say 3715. But once again, I've checked numerous sources on this, and the minimum all suggest is 3500. So if I were you, I'd set your goal at 3500 minimum, and maximum can be above 4700 if you want. Some days I've gotten over 5 grams of K. If you are having difficulty achieving your K amount because you are concerned about calories (and who isn't?) this thread will be of help:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ed-ratios.html
Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

Question Fitday Premium

I am wondering why the question of what the premium Fitday offers was closed and never answered. Yes I saw what the list of "included reports" was but it really didn't explain what the reports involved. I am on an extremely tight budget and, though I love this site, I cannot afford to take a chance that upgrading will not be worth the money paid. I need to know specifically what kind of new reports will be available/generated before I can justify spending this kind of money. Can someone please address this question?

Also: is there some kind of guarentee that I will be refunded the money if I am not satisfied and decide to go back to the free version? I couldn't find that info either.

Thank you in advance.

Jamie
Old 01-23-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zzzkatzzzz
I am wondering why the question of what the premium Fitday offers was closed
This is explained in the FAQ's thread. See below.

and never answered.
It is answered, right here on this thread. And this thread is referenced in the FAQ's.

Yes I saw what the list of "included reports" was but it really didn't explain what the reports involved. I am on an extremely tight budget and, though I love this site, I cannot afford to take a chance that upgrading will not be worth the money paid. I need to know specifically what kind of new reports will be available/generated before I can justify spending this kind of money. Can someone please address this question?

Also: is there some kind of guarentee that I will be refunded the money if I am not satisfied and decide to go back to the free version? I couldn't find that info either.

Thank you in advance.

Jamie
As Moderators, we have no further information about the details of Premium to provide. Especially since FitDay is undergoing big changes in it's upgrade from v1 to v2.

Furthermore, FitDay already provides details about what the Premium package contains, it's stated when you click on the upgrade to Premium link. So again, I'm not seeing your assertion that the "question was never answered" when in fact it has been answered several times in several (easily found) places.

The specifics of what you are asking can only come from Internet Brands. So, contact FitDay. How do you do that? Again, the links are provided in the FAQ's.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-23-2012 at 01:39 AM.