View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
scannell
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Nathalie, the time format can be confusing. You must put hours and minutes, so eight hours of sleep would be 8:00. Thirty minutes of exercise would be 0:30.

I'm not sure what's up with the 24 hours of sleep! There is supposed to be eight hours included in your "lifestyle" but adding an "extra" eight hours as an activity seems for many of us to bring the estimated calorie burn closer to reality.

As you may have seen, your "lifestyle" is for 24 hours, which includes an estimate of your basal metabolism (how many calories your body burns doing "nothing") plus an estimate of how many calories you burn at your occupation. As you can see, these are all estimates so you really need to track things for a while and make changes as necessary.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Michael
First off: Wow!

I'm impressed. I've lost 80 pounds on nutrisystem, but the meal portions were very punishing! Hard to stick with.

Now, I'm counting calories and I've been using FitDay to do this (and to monitor my exercise) since Feb 2008.

I have two questions:

1) You say you add 8 hours of sleep every day. Do you have to manually enter this extra sleep every day or is there a place to do this once for all future days. If you have to do this every day, why not just use a custom baseline for your calories? I'm trying to figure out what to do going forward. Fitday says I burn between 3200 and 3300 calories a day (which seems ridiculously high even at my current weight of 254 pounds). I could override the calorie basline and bring it down to around 2400 pounds.

2) Do you know why Fitday doesn't fix the math bug they have in calculating the actual weight loss per week? It was reported back in March 2010 at Weight Goal Progress has wrong "Actual Weight Loss Per Week"

Thanks.

Chris
scannell is offline   Reply With Quote