Notices

Tip: Is a reply worth your time? (Originally "Weight loss help please?")

Old 11-22-2011, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tip: Is a reply worth your time? (Originally "Weight loss help please?")

i am very determined to lose weight, but i have a problem. I have a thyroid problem that is not stable yet. I am so tired of gaining weight and it sucks that i am 18 and am fat and insecure about everything. If you have any advice please let me know.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi jevsteralija, and welcome to FitDay.

I have absolutely no advice about thyroid problems, but I just finished googling this site, and then I added tags to appropriate threads. Hopefully this information will help:

FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with thyroid

Best wishes.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jevsteralija
i am very determined to lose weight, but i have a problem. I have a thyroid problem that is not stable yet. I am so tired of gaining weight and it sucks that i am 18 and am fat and insecure about everything. If you have any advice please let me know.
Coming from someone who's been there, the very fist thing you have to do is work with your endocrinologist to get your thyroid levels stable. It may take a while, it took 2 years for me, but once you do it'll be much easier to lose and maintain weight loss. I'm not saying it's going to be easy to lose the weight, it's still a little harder than people without thyroid problems, but it's easier once the thyroid is stable. My doctor did blood work every 2-3 months for 2 years to make sure the dosage of my thyroid meds were sufficient. It's going to take time, dedication and some hard work, but you can do it! You're young, don't give up!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hmm. Looks like jevsteralija has left the premises.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Hmm. Looks like jevsteralija has left the premises.
Seems that way.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, They should be able to get your thyroid stabilized soon. it's really a no brainer.Then ask your doctor for Phentermine 30 mg. It's a prescription appetite suppressant that is
the real secret to sticking to your diet. Go on 1000 calories or less per day and take an exercise class every day. IT WILL WORK and if you start now you'll be in good shape come bathing suit season!! Good Luck.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Water is one of the most over looked secrets of weight loss. Eat more of whole grains and less of processed foods because you body does not need preservatives, artificial colors, sodium, fat and sugars. Exercising is one of the best ways to burn calories. Determination, regularity of exercises and healthy meal plans are some of the basic requirements for a successful weight loss plan. Thanks a lot.

link removed

Please review the FitDay Forum Rules

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-27-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Diet is extremely important. Cut out processed foods like cheese, pasta, bread, butter, salad dressings, sugar, desserts, etc. Rely on lean protein and fresh vegetables and fruits. Then exercise by running, jump roping, biking, skating, swimming for 30 minutes to an hour a day for cardio. Then, on top of that, each day work on one part of your body: torso, arms, legs, and an extra day for flexibility. For the torso, crunches are great. For the arms, use soup can as weights and lift them repeatedly in a curling motion and from your side until they are raised above your head.

For your legs, do squats against the wall. And for flexibility, do yoga through videos online like You tube ( suggest sun salutation for beginners). Let your body relax on the weekends but continue your diet during these days.

Best of Luck!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jevsteralija
My daughter has thyroid problems and has lost 58 pounds in the last 9 months.
She quick started herself with one of the e-diet plans (for a month) and taught herself to replicate serving sizes and to develop recipes based on the same nutritional values.
The month was enough time to get her body used to 5 small meals a day.
But, I think the greatest help to her weight loss was exercising 30 mins a day. She says at first she could barely get through 10 mins of the workout, so she would do 10 mins 3 times a day until she could do more at once.
Good news, she is now off thyroid medication.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I think everyone has spent more than enough time on answering the OP. The OP has not only posted on FitDay, but has posted the same exact questions in various health forums around the internet and never replied after people have taken their time to supply answers.

Reference: Does this diet sound good for weight loss? - JP Fitness Forums

-- One thing is for sure: this person is wasting people's time.

-- One thing is not so sure: that this person is a troll.

Here's another indicator that this person is just trolling:

Last Activity: 11-23-2011 12:55 AM

Notice how this person immediately logged off after posting, never to return? So like I said, this person is wasting others time.

If you want to be more savvy when in this forum and others, always note the date stamp on the original post, then see if the person has ever replied to anyone after a few weeks. In our case we can also check the person's "last activity" prior to posting, to decide if addressing the OP personally is warranted or is in fact a waste of time.

End of today's lesson.

Thread closed.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-28-2012 at 04:36 AM.