View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
ToriD1012
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevsteralija View Post
i am very determined to lose weight, but i have a problem. I have a thyroid problem that is not stable yet. I am so tired of gaining weight and it sucks that i am 18 and am fat and insecure about everything. If you have any advice please let me know.
Coming from someone who's been there, the very fist thing you have to do is work with your endocrinologist to get your thyroid levels stable. It may take a while, it took 2 years for me, but once you do it'll be much easier to lose and maintain weight loss. I'm not saying it's going to be easy to lose the weight, it's still a little harder than people without thyroid problems, but it's easier once the thyroid is stable. My doctor did blood work every 2-3 months for 2 years to make sure the dosage of my thyroid meds were sufficient. It's going to take time, dedication and some hard work, but you can do it! You're young, don't give up!

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo