Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Welcome to a fresh new week! Wishing everyone great success!

Mike, again, kudos on your fabulous report this week. Very smart to make some goal adjustments due to feeling like a cold is coming on. Feel better soon!

Darlene, I'm glad to hear your dog is recovering some mobility and is eating canned food and drinking water. Yeah, I'm big on quality of life in senior years for pets, too. Your end of the week report had so very many successes. Special congrats on your calorie deficit and exercise. I didn't make it to the gym, either, but I did really well on home exercise, so the gym didn't matter. Thanks for your encouragement.

Pam, I loved that you had the last post and reminded us that today starts a whole new week. I love those fresh starts!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Me, too, Mern! I'm hoping for a better week than last for sure - I'm determined it will happen.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in! The scale read 177.6 this morning so the 7 pounds stuck. My sodium intake was high yesterday so I think it may drop more today. I am sick, I have the drip, so it's gotta be a sinus issue. I just took some Mucinex. My throat hurts, ears pop when I swallow, I have pressure in my head and my chest is heavy. My uvula (the punching bag that hangs in back of your throat) feels swollen, probably from the drip and having to breathe throw my mouth during the night. I may go to the gym early, but not to workout. I may go sit in the sauna to see if that helps.

I'll post goals later. I'm going to lay back down for now. Y'all probably already know that there's nothing more pathetic than a sick guy. Now where's my little bell... J/K

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-05-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. Spent Saturday shopping, having lunch and bumming around town. Sunday was filled with cooking some things ahead for the week and, of course, football. One really strange thing that I've found as the months pass in maintenance is that in the beginning, if I slipped off track over the weekend I used to have a hard time getting back on the wagon on Monday. Now, I actually look forward to Monday when the house clears out, and I can get back on schedule and eat a better quality of food.

Got a call Saturday about a 9 month old kitten that needed a home. I passed on this little guy for a variety of reasons, although he was beautiful. Now, like Mike's itch for a new bike, I really want to add another fur baby to our home. I just have my black Siamese and I'm thinking he could use a brother. I usually take in unwanted pound "mutts", but I'm seriously thinking about a pure bred Himalayan or Maine Coon after the holidays. We'll see.

On to this week's goals:

* Calories under 1200.

* Drink 80-90 oz. a day.

* 3 fruits or veggies a day.

* Lose 2 lbs. by the weekend.

* Go to recycling center.

* Send "thank you" card by Friday.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm in! The scale read 177.6 this morning so the 7 pounds stuck. My sodium intake was high yesterday so I think it may drop more today. I am sick, I have the drip, so it's gotta be a sinus issue. I just took some Mucinex. My throat hurts, ears pop when I swallow, I have pressure in my head and my chest is heavy. My uvula (the punching bag that hangs in back of your throat) feels swollen, probably from the drip and having to breathe throw my mouth during the night. I may go to the gym early, but not to workout. I may go sit in the sauna to see if that helps.

I'll post goals later. I'm going to lay back down for now. Y'all probably already know that there's nothing more pathetic than a sick guy. Now where's my little bell... J/K
Sorry to hear that you're feeling awful! I'm sure if you could lay down and watch a replay of the Saints game, you would feel a whole lot better! Packers looked terrible yesterday, but it was kind of expected with the players that were out. Haven't lost a game since Week 15 of last year!! After the game yesterday, my phone rang off the hook with hyperventilating fellow Packer fans... a bit too close for comfort. That's old Favre football- pull out the win in the last 3 seconds.

Oh... and my home-remedy is honey, lemon, a little water and brandy or rum heated on the stove and a warm heating pad under your upper back. A hot tub (...if you have one at the gym) would give you some moist heat, too.

Honestly, I wouldn't think that you would be a whiner today about not feeling well (... that should start around Wednesday... lol )
Old 12-05-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I usually take in unwanted pound "mutts", but I'm seriously thinking about a pure bred Himalayan or Maine Coon after the holidays.
I also love a rescue kitty, my baby came from the shelter and she's absolutely the love of my life! I've wanted a tortoise shell calico for years and just happened to be in the shelter looking, not ready to adopt, and there she was. The most beautiful little tortie ever! I want another cat, just not real sure how she'd take it, she's a bit spoiled! I'd really like a pure bred Birman, just don't have the money for one yet.

Mike, hope you get to feeling better soon. Congrats on the 7 lbs lost!

I'll post goals when I get home from work. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

g'morning, y'all! I had a post all typed out, and then my browser ate it! so I'm starting over (which is probably good b/c this post is shorter lol)

detox got the better of me yesterday so I wasn't around, but I almost made my daily goal for water anyway (1.25L out of 1.5L), AND I added another "green" meal yesterday to my tote for the week (3 out of 1), W00T! I also soaked in a hot saltwater bath for ~20 mins last night, then I went to bed early. I know "mainstream" medicine might think thalassotherapy (treatments using saltwater and other ingredients from the sea) is "quackery," but from the cellular biology and organic chemistry perspectives, it makes a lot of sense. (besides, there used to be an awful lot of "authorities" who were dead cert the world was flat, too LOL)

here are my goals for this week:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Mon goal 1.5L; actual not started

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Mon not yet

3) *stop eating after 8pm at least 2x/wk
*this is a new goal for this week; I started working on it (again) last night. a couple of years ago I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight/size, plus I felt healthier than I had in years. in addition to the alkaline water I was drinking every day, I had cut WAY back on my late night snacking, which I admit I tend to be really REALLY bad about.

4) *thalassotherapy for ~20 mins 1x/wk (Sun night)
*this is another new goal for this week; I also started working on this one (again) last night. back when I was healthy and slim, I was also doing thalassotherapy for at least 20 mins every week—I really think the saltwater helped draw toxins out of my body, which helped w/my weight loss, among other things.

I'm going to take baseline measurements this AM (EEK!! ) since I forgot to do it last week when I got back on the wagon—I need some way to track my actual results, and I still really hate my bathroom scale ;\ lol

time for me to get moving; I'll check in again later, but maybe not until tonight—MORE errands to run today (does this ever end?? lol). y'all have a wonderful, "I can do this!" kind of day
Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

@Tori love rescue kitties, YAY!! we actually rescued our girls in a snowstorm last year right before Thanksgiving; they were ~4 wks old (TEENY-tiny squeaky little furballs w/baby-kitten blue eyes), and mama had left them under the pile of play set parts that was in our back yard, trying to shelter them from the storm. I've never had cats before, but I love them to pieces, despite my allergies—wouldn't trade them for anything! <3

@Quinn our cats are Maine Coons—they're awesome! very social and affectionate, very vocal, and clever little things (too clever sometimes! lol). Stormy is a VERY fluffy blue striped tabby, and Einstein is a sleek tuxedo w/almost perfectly symmetrical markings. hub's had cats his whole life, and he's pretty sure these are the prettiest cats he's ever had

okay, NOW I'm gonna get moving LOL
Old 12-05-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week are the same as last--I don't think I need to change anything:

Averages:
Calories 1600 (I weigh over 215, so that leaves me quite a nice deficit)
Cholesterol 300mg
Carbs less fiber 25g
Fiber 30g

Veggies 5 servings
Sugar Free Chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day
Fish oil and vitamin D

Exercise 5 days
Water 48 oz.

__________________________________________________ _________

Heaven help me! I did great at the birthday party yesterday and today I'm hosting one for 35 year old DD. She requested KFC takeout but asked me to bake her a German Chocolate Cake, which the little kids don't like so I bought a small chocolate fudge cake and brownies for them. I'm going to make myself some low carb chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins and log one before I eat it for my own dessert tonight. MY dinner will be low carb/diet goal legal--no preservative & low sodium turkey, mashed cauliflower with Parmesan cheese, and sweet & sour cucumbers--made with aspartame artificial sweetener

Mike! I'm thrilled for you that your loss stuck. You surely did work hard for that and deserve every ounce of that 7 lb. lost. So sorry you're sick, though. I never new anyone's uvula swelled up--does it hurt or feel thick enough to make you gag or anything? Even if it doesn't, you might need a trip to the doc to see if you have a throat or sinus infection that requires antibiotics. Sauna sounds like a really good idea. I know you're feeling poorly, but I agree there's not anything much more pathetic than a sick guy. But you've had more than your share of pain, so you deserve a little coddling. You're not going to ring that bell for GF are you? Hee Hee Hee

Joanna, determination is half the battle--that and a scale that doesn't lie to ya like mine does. LOL I'm convinced my muscles are retaining water from resuming/bumping up my exercise and when my body gets used to it I'll have a nice drop in the scale overnight. I'm expecting to see a two lb. loss from my efforts last week.

Quinn, sounds like you had a fun weekend. So nice to hear that maintenance is getting easier for you to resume now after falling off the wagon for a bit. That's great! Best wishes as you ponder adding another pet to your life. And best wishes on your strict goals to lose those 2 lbs. by the weekend.

Tori, that's great that you adopted your kittie.

Tanya, I've finally resorted to trying to remember to type all my catch up or longer posts on WordPad and then copy and paste them to the reply box. OMG I hate when I forget to do that and then lose my post. Sorry it happened to you today. In what way did the detox get the better of you yesterday? Being so freakin' sodium sensitive myself, I couldn't do your kind of detox, but I certainly respect your right to try and I hope it does you a world of good. I know where you're coming from. Due to putting stock in a lot of myths about low carb, a lot of people think low carb is absolutely dangerous. But my mainstream doctor is all for it as long as I eat from all the food groups, eat balanced meals, and get all the vitamins and minerals I need. My blood tests are showing just that, PLUS my cholesterol and triglicerides have reduced to the point where she said she would not recommend meds for me. She gives me major kudos on my success.

Last edited by Mern; 12-05-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning! I was not here all weekend but I didn't do anything that I shouldn't have. I even baked peanut butter cookies with kisses on them and didn't even taste the dough. ... I did however just after the cookie baking have an awful weekend full of stress and lots of tears. I am not really ready mentally to describe it especially since I am at work where I really don't want to cry again. I deal with customers and hate them to see me not at my best.

I did manage a nice weight loss that is not totally due to not eating on Saturday. I bounced back up from that but only a little bit. So today I am down 1.6lbs to make my total loss 58.4lbs so far.

I see that most of you had great weeks last week too! I like it when we are all hitting our goals.

Mike ... Sorry you are sick. My hubby has about the same thing going on. I hope you get better soon. Sick men are the worst! LOL ... I think you got nice advice on the workout partner. I would really go with the idea of sending him a text on occasion saying you are headed to the gym and extending an invite but not waiting for the answer.

Darlene ... I am so sorry to hear about your dog. They really are like family. I am very glad to hear that he is starting to get around on his own again. That is a good sign. I agree with the quality of life. And carrying a big dog is not easy. My old boy was 96lbs and I had to carry him up the steps to be with us and down steps to get to the yard in the end. Amazing how much weight you can carry around when it is something that you love.

Mern ... I think your determination is contagious! I am very determined lately too. Even with a lot of drama going on, I am sticking to my goals.

Sorry...I know there are a lot more posts and I definitely don't mean to ignore anyone. I am probably not going full out on my goals this week because I honestly can't take overwhelming myself right now.

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily
2. Limit one diet soda daily
3. Walk on lunch
4. Exercise 3 times W-F

Life Goals ...
1. Create & Order girls' Christmas cards
2. Fold & putaway laundry I washed this weekend
3. Finish cleaning fam room & laundry room

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.