Notices

Home Improvements

Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Home Improvements

I have been talking & talking about the things I have been doing around the house so I figured I better show pics. Pics or it didn't happen! I've been told before!

Before (I thought to take a pic after I started pulling off the border it wasn't torn up to start with )

After

Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

We also removed the old ugly patio blind from our deck door off the kitchen this weekend.

We went from this...

To this...

When I repaint these walls...they are flat white primer right now...I think I am going beige or a tan of some sort and then just to the right of the doors you can see the edge of a wallpaper border. I will replace it with a country themed one. Hopefully with some red berries and tan and red colors throughout to tie these darkish red curtains in. Across the room there is a scarf across the windows that matches this color also. It has made the room look SOOOO different! And for $60, you can't complain!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Very nice April. I like your new bathroom border, very pretty. I can't wait to get at my room. Mary
Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Looks good Wildbeanerz. I did some work over the last Labor Day weekend-

Tore up the old flooring (leaky toilet- yuck), linoleum and old vanity-

Replaced it with new flooring, linoleum and vanity-

The vanity is a little too big, but it was the smallest one I could find without ordering something and waiting....
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Nice work. I've got my border off. My renoman starts demolishing my bathroom shower , floor and closet tomorrow. Then we can paint and paper. Mary
Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Wow guys, everything looks great!!! Lots of talent here on the forum.

We renovated our whole house after we bought it, but it's been like 8-9 years since we finished and now most of it needs to be done again. Ugh, I'm getting tired just getting good ideas from you guys.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Nice work!

I love to demo stuff but unfortunately I am not talented enough to do the remodel part without someone else telling me exactly what to do!

I did mix and pour my patio with help from a friend but the earthquake cracked it all the way from one end to the other. And I built my deck with my neighbor! He built a bonus boardwalk for me too! We also redid one of my bathrooms together. I had pros do another, even let them pic out all the tile which I LOVE! Have one more to do since I already started the demo, lol.

I could use a good decorator. I have some pretty cool stuff but I have no idea how to make it all come together!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Great project sw07! Luckily our home doesn't need anything like that done. It isn't very old and for most of it's existense nobody really lived in it. So ours is cosmetic stuff mostly. We do need new back decks and if anybody sees them they always say they don't want that job. They are roughly 15 ft off the ground and from ground level there is a steep bank going down about another 15-20ft. So nobody is volunteering to take on those projects!

vabeachgirlNYC...I know what you mean about needing a decorator. Growing up we pretty much had whatever we could afford whether it matched or not. My mom was not a homemaker at all. So I am learning day by day and magazines and home shows seem to help alot.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
FitDay Member

Very well done in changing tiles. You place is more beautiful than before.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Everything just looks beautiful! I love the leaf placemats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.