View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
1fitchallenge
FitDay Member

1/6 month (december):
1/5 week (01-04):
1/4 thu = capoeira at home: 5'+WU - avg HR-120bpm (too short for me but thats the plan for now)
2/4 fri = capoeira at home: 6'+WU - avg HR-138bpm (this time was faster and more sweaty)
3/4 sat = capoeira at home: 5'+WU - avg HR-131bpm (im a bit sick, hope its gone be ok with my health )
4/4 sun = walk outside: 10' - (unfortunately flu got me, so I only made a short walk. No exercise for me right now ;/)

First week started great but then sickness came and ruined the beginning of my challenge. But dont worry, I WILL BE BACK
2/5 week (05-11):
1/7 mon = meditating at home: 5' (still sick = cant work out : ( )
2/7 tue = meditating at home: 5' (still sick = cant work out : ( )
3/7 wed = meditating at home: 10' (still sick = cant work out : ( )
4/7 thu = meditating at home: 5' (still sick = cant work out : ( maybe at sunday some workout )
5/7 fri = none ;/ - I am bad
6/7 sat = capoeira at home: 5'+WU - avg HR-118bpm (still bit sick but cant do nothing anymore)
7/7 sun = capoeira at home: 5'+WU - avg HR-128bpm (yes!!!)

Week two was a lesson of patience. Mind was screaming to do something, but body refuse to move at all. Thankly Im almost over and ready to roll
3/5 week (12-18):
1/7 mon = capoeira at home: 6.5'+WU - avg HR-140bpm (it was pretty intensive - nice!))
2/7 tue = soccer at the gym: 50' - (lots of exercise and calories burned!))
3/7 wed = capoeira at home: 5'+WU - avg HR-143bpm )pretty nice - starting to love cooling stretching after workout)
4/7 thu = crossfit at home in 5': I've done:2,33 rounds - avg HR-113bpm(crossfit(bit different =pull upsx8->crunchesx8->push upsx8)
5/7 fri = capoeira at home: 5'+WU - avg HR-140bpm (high intensity - it helped me with stress that day)
6/7 sat = capoeira at home: 6'+WU - avg HR-132bpm (it was busy day - but I manage anyway)
7/7 sun = swimming: 25'+WU - CB=225cal (back in the water)

Finally great full 7-day week with everyday workouts. I think I will try do 10mins now in this 4th week- will see what happens.
Plus its christmas week so I hope I will not over-eat and I will keep my training routine.

4/5 week (19-25):
1/7 mon = capoeira at home: 10'+WU - avg HR-143bpm (it was hard to me these 10mins, must do it easy at first week)
2/7 tue = soccer at the gym: 55' - (awesome workout))
3/7 wed = crossfit at home: in 5' I've done:4,33 rounds -(crossfit =push upsx4->sit upsx4->pull upsx4)
4/7 thu = capoeira at home: 10'+WU - avg HR-144bpm (i am afraid to get bored when I will do it longer than 10mins)
5/7 fri = capoeira at home: 10'+WU - avg HR-142bpm (I feel crisis is coming - maybe tommorow will take some day off to rest and recover both in body and mind)
6/7 sat = meditating: 12' (im sick ;< no more these amounts of alcohol like yesterday))
7/7 sun = NONE ;< (im bad! I know its 1st day of christmas but i should have exercise ;< but live goes on and im back on the wagon)

Start of the week was great, but then came christmas :> so saturday and sunday was catastrophy. But lets say they were REST DAYS and we are back on the track now :>
ps. good thing - i dont eat to much :>

5/5 week (26-31):
1/6 mon = capoeira at home: 10'+WU - avg HR-146bpm (still doing only 10mins and its still very sweaty)
2/6 thu = HIIT "YURI" at home: 9'+WU - avg HR- 138bpm (20s for each exercise. 30s is my goal - maybe in january. Anyways- great crossfit-like workout)
3/6 wed = capoeira at home: 10'+WU - avg HR-141bpm (ok, this time i feel that my condition is a bit better, I need to up the tempo to keep HR at high level. I should be ready for 15 by monday)
4/6 thu = capoeira at home: 10'+WU - avg HR=141bpm (my condition is good, but between my workouts, I feel very tired. I decided to have one day of REST since january- saturday i think.)
5/6 fri = NONE (I was away for the new years eve and there was no chance to train. Anyway I had 2 days of rest. It was very nice. Now Im ready for month nr 2)
6/6 sat = NONE (I was away for the new years eve and there was no chance to train. Anyway I had 2 days of rest. It was very nice. Now Im ready for month nr 2)

: o 5 days of great workouts. Again miss 2 workouts cause of special events but thats december. January should be better

------------------------------------------------------
avg HR = average Heart Rate [beats per minute]
WU = warm up
CB - calories burned
HIIT YURI- High Intensity Interval Training "YURI" - kind a crossfit :>

Summary of the month:

WOW!!! That was amazing month for me. Finally i did lots of workouts, with great intensity. I already feel some improvement in my cardiovascular condition. I might miss few days to work out but they were special events- christmas, new years eve trip, sickness - I hope there will be no such events in next months. OK, and these are numbers for this month:
- I lost 2kgs=4,41lbs (I think it might be some water as well - so Im not very excited)
- I lost 2,5cm=1in in my waist - that is nice!
- I trained 4hours and 40minutes
- I burned extra about 3004kcal - according to fitday. not much but still- if that would be only fat - it would be 333g=0,734lbs

Yes, I know they're not very impressive for some, but for me - beginner they are amazing. I wanted to start slowly and now I see that it was great idea. It helped me not overtrained and keep my motivation. I will gradually progress but still without hurry- try to listen to my body.
Another thing is eating habbits. I already master some of the "fundamentals" - eating 5-6 small meals every 3h, letting go most of junk food, no sugar, no sodas, much less alcohol. Since next month I will add more improvements.

So, let the yourney continue and remember- always enjoy the yourney, not just wait for the destination.
As Bilbo said to Frodo:
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

PS. Any comments and suggestions are very welcome.

I will take some rest now sir. Ok Dobby. But I will be back (I think). Ok Dobby

Last edited by 1fitchallenge; 01-04-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: update
1fitchallenge is offline   Reply With Quote