View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg295 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been logging my food for about 2 months but only started reading the forums.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes on August 30, 2011. I had no idea I was even remotely at risk so when I was told it felt like someone had kicked me in the gut. I allowed myself a pity party for the rest of the day and got up the next morning and hit the ground running.

I went out and bought a good food scale and armed with that and my measuring cups and spoons set out to bring this disease under control with the ultimate goal of getting off the meds.

I'm 56, 5'7" and had 73 pounds to loose. I say had because I am happy to report that as of today I have lost 31 pounds. The exciting thing is that I do not feel deprived in any way shape or form. I refuse to say I am on a diet because, for me, it is all about a lifestyle change.

I look forward to making new friends and be able to help others in their journey.

Linda
Linda, welcome! FitDay is THE place to be to help you get fit and lose weight. Just like Hooked on Phonics, it's worked for ME!

Keep up the great work and join right in on the forums here.

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote