Notices

Calories Burned error

Old 11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Calories Burned error

Hi there,

For the last little while I've noticed an issue with my "calories burned" in my calorie balance. My default daily activity is "seated, with some movement" but the site is telling me that such activity will burn over 2,000 calories! Today, so far, without having entered any other activities, it says that I've consumed 839 calories, & burned 2,328. I don't know where this number is coming from.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by spellotaped
Hi there,

For the last little while I've noticed an issue with my "calories burned" in my calorie balance. My default daily activity is "seated, with some movement" but the site is telling me that such activity will burn over 2,000 calories! Today, so far, without having entered any other activities, it says that I've consumed 839 calories, & burned 2,328. I don't know where this number is coming from.

Any help is appreciated!
That is your burn for 24 hours, including eight hours of "sleep". FitDay adjusts for any extra activities you add (either up or down). Your burn is also affected by your current weight, age and sex. Many of us add in another 8 hours of sleep to bring the burn number closer to what we find in "real life".

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Even when I've had a lot of sleep, I'm supposedly burning more than 1,800 calories per day. That's impossible ...
Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by spellotaped
Even when I've had a lot of sleep, I'm supposedly burning more than 1,800 calories per day. That's impossible ...
Height, weight, age, sex, lifestyle? My burn figures out to around 2400 with 8 hours of sleep logged. This seems pretty close to reality. 1,800 doesn't really seem like all that much. Have you checked other on-line calculators? There is a really good formula in the Diet Tips forum. I've converted it to an Excel spreadsheet I can send you if you're comfortable PMing me your email.

Regards,
Michael