Notices

greetings from Fitby50jody

Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default greetings from Fitby50jody

Hello. I just turned 49 recently and decided that I will try ONE LAST TIME to get my health and body back into shape. . I am a mom of 2 boys..one a new teen and another in 3rd grade. I have a part time business that fits with the boys school schedules. My challenges are all the nighttime eating stuff. I eat normally during the day, but at night I binge sometimes (you know, the block of cheese, the pie, etc) and I drink wine nightly. I need to get that out of the house as I call it adult Kool-Aid! I do a fitness center here in my small town that I could go to, but I can't really afford it right now. I wish I could. I'd do better seeing others working out. I actually don't miind working out, I just don't always get around to it as I prefer to work out with someone. Well, I live in MN and so far only snow once, but I hear this year will be doozy...worse than last. Yikes! Well...hello to all. I am particularly interested in connecting with women in their 40s and 50s who need to lose over 50 pounds like me.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jody! I'm not quite in the age group you are looking for but we have similarities anyway. I have 2 boys (13 & 14 yrs old), I work outside my home fulltime, I still need to lose over 50lbs (more like 100lbs). There are many people here from all different backgrounds and age groups. We are all here to support one another. You will be surprised how everyone just mixes together. ... Just the way it should be in real life but often isn't.

Anyway I'm rambling. Stick around and do some reading and jump in any threads you want and get to know us. We are great for support!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

April. Thanks for your welcome. I am orginally from PA, also. I was born in Rochester near Pittsburgh. I still have relatives back there in Hopewell Township and right in the city. I also have a sister near Harrisburg. Where are you living now?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

We live in a little town near Altoona called Roaring Spring.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Well let's suppose that every time you want to buy some "adult Kool-Aid" you put that money aside, eventually it will be enough for the club membership eh? I pay ours with my "I don't eat very much chocolate or drink diet coke anymore" fund, LOL. Anyway welcome aboard, I'm a woman with some weight to lose, however my kiddos are all girls. However I have to agree with April, the stats around here don't matter that much, getting healthy and losing weight is sort of like parenthood, and you find that you have much in common with any one trying to do the same regardless of age/gender/ethnicity/lifestyle. It's the same battle the world over really.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

That's a good suggestion about the "adult kool-aid"! It's an evening habit to have two large glasses after the kiddos are in bed while I unwind! Good news for today. Although I went over my calories for the day (my first day of counting them), I did log them all into the food log. Wow. How suprising how fast it all adds up and I don't even feel that overate at all. The second glass of kool-aid could have left off! I'll have to break this bad habit. Maybe a diet soda caffeine free instead or some tea. That would be healthier. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Waving from Alexandria!!!

Hi Jody!

My name is Holly. We have some similarities!!! I'm turning 49 at the end of this month (yuck), and live in Minnesota! My goal is about 40 lbs or so, but right now I'm only focusing on the first 20. I quit smoking 2 years ago, gained the weight and would like to get it back off. I work for our school district as a special education paraprofessional so I'm on the same schedule as the kids. LOVE IT!! I have a daughter who is 12 and just started at the middle school this year. I do belong to the Y, but find that it is hard to stay motivated when I don't have another woman partner to work out with. My daughter will go with me, or my husband - but am wishing it was a gal. Today is my first day with fitday and am hoping that it will make me more accountable for what goes into my mouth if I see it on the screen!! Funny thing (ok - not really, but I"ll share!!) I have been thinking that I was really being good having popcorn from my stirpopper each night instead of bag popcorn. Ummmm - NO!!! I about fell out of my chair when I realized how many calories EACH NIGHT I was consuming. So - I'm going out tomorrow to purchase an airpopper!! It's nice to meet you!!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default good to hear from you

Sorry so long to get back to you my fellow Minnesotan. I got derailed by the holiday season, but I'm back on fitday now. Good luck to you. Good you stopped smoking. I did several years ago now. I was in the education field, too, for many years. Hope you enjoy your work.

All the best.

jody
Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fitby50jody
I am orginally from PA, also. I was born in Rochester near Pittsburgh. I still have relatives back there in Hopewell Township and right in the city.
If you don't mind me asking, where in Minnesota do you live, Jody? I'm from Pittsburgh, but currently attending school in MN.