View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
radyckle
FitDay Member

Default Keep it off this time!

Hi everyone, My name is Jason and I'm once again trying to get back in shape and find a healthy way of life I can stick with.
To start I'm 41yrs old and a big guy at 6'1" 283lbs. I'm a big framed person and just to give an idea I wear a size 13 wide shoe and 14 ring so I believe I will always be a few lbs heavier than the BMI suggests.
I reached 280lbs when I was 26 years old and I went on a crash diet and over the course of a year I got to 195lbs. That crash diet was basically starving myself while doing an intense 30min workout 7 days a week. I gradually put the weight back on over the course of the last 15 years and I reached a ridiculous all time high of 336lbs. That was back in February 2011 and since then I've been trying different things to take it back off. I've managed reach 278lbs.
The problem is I can't seem to get away from this plateau. I've been fighting 280-290 weight area for 2 months now.
I'm currently on a low carb diet and I'm tracking my foods religiously. I'm taking in an avg of 42g of carbs a day, 120g of total fat and 2500 calories. I'm also working out 2-3 times a week doing a 45min high intensity cardio weight lifting program. I'm not eating any starchy, processed or high sugar foods. I'm mainly eating salads with low carb veggies and various meats such as chicken breats, pork chops, eggs and sausages all which I cook fresh using only spices and olive oil. I've been eating low carb yogurt, cheeses and all natrual sour cream. I've been keeping all my food chemical free and natural. My only vice is I like my whiskey on the weekends I drink about 5-6 shots on Friday and Saturday nights mixed with diet soda. I like beer too but I've ruled it out while while I'm trying to lose weight.
So what I want to do is figure what I'm doing wrong that I can't get away from this plateau and a implement a better permanent diet(way of life) so I can reach 200lbs and keep the weight off this time. I don't feel the low carb high fat diet is something I can stick with the rest of my life. Any help or ideas is appreciated.

Nutrition chart for the last 4 weeks:

Last edited by radyckle; 11-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.
radyckle is offline   Reply With Quote