Notices

einsteinb here! Newbie

Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Cool einsteinb here! Newbie

Well, I am starting. I have lupus and sick of not having any energy and doc said I need to exercise. I am 20 lbs over weight and need to get this weight off. I am really a loser! in the exercise department.

I use to be anorexic for years, then recovered, for 15 years, and Now I recovered too much! I don't watch what I eat. Got married and put on 20 lbs. YES, according to this program, it put me in the overweight category.

So, I am going to try to do this with my stupid lupus and working full time, 40 hours. But I don't have to be at work till 11 am, so leaves me the morning to work out. I know I will have to start slow..

I am 53, and will be 54 in January. I have been married for 8 years and I have 3 children and my hubby has 4 children all of them MARRIED, but one. My daughter lives with me, she is 30 and is a bit disabled with her illness. (diabetes, severe arthritis, and others, she can't work) I work 40 hours a week and have had lupus for 27 years.

Hey, I think I will need some help from others so I don't mind any advice or friendship here!!! thanks!

Last edited by einsteinb; 11-27-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hi einsteinb and welcome here at Fitday.

Im also a newbie here but already had felt that people here are great and are willing to give advice and a word of comfort if you need it.
My advice for you to stay motivated:
1. exercise something you enjoy and excites you.
2. Start really slow and progress later - it will prepare your body gradually to activity and it will keep your momentum going...

there is a lot more about it but in my opinion those are essential of essenstials for constant exercising.

good luck!!!
Rokku
Old 11-28-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Boy it sounds like you have a very full plate. Good luck on your journey and welcome aboard.