View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
lgojan
FitDay Member

Default I am and always will be a sugar addict-support

I have always known that Iím addicted to sugar but I really noticed it over a year ago when I started working with a nutritionist and started logging EVERYTHING that I ate in fit day. From October 2010 to June 2011 I lost 40 lbs! ...But then I fell of the wagon, by gorging on sugar and eating sugar when no one was looking, and gained 20 pounds back. Now I have made the decision mentally to try again-to kick the habit, to give it up for good. Oh itís soooo hard. My diet (no, itís a lifestyle) is sugar and gluten free (with just the tiniest bits of maple sugar once a week) and full of protein, veggies, and healthy fat. It is so so hard. Itís worse then giving up smoking and Iím sure just as hard as giving up some other addictions. Iím taking L-Glutamine to help me get over this first week (well maybe two) but I need some support from fellow Sugar Addicts. I know there are so many of you out there-tell me your story. What helped, what didnít. Have any of your tried psychological help-because we know the issue runs deeper than just...it tastes good. Let me know, Iíd love to hear from you.
lgojan is offline   Reply With Quote