View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
VitoVino
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs417 View Post
Wow! That's a lot of info. Thanks! After reading it, I see I'm doing nearly everything except the two I just don't have time for: sleep and exercise! Without getting into the boring details, let's just say I'm going from the time I get up in the morning (6am) until I go to bed (1am). In order to add exercise, I'd have to sacrifice more sleep! And the older I get, the more I think that's really not a good idea... My only other caveat is "macros". I have to admit I'm completely ignorant as to what you're even talking about here, but I will look into it. Thanks again!
You're welcome! I had to put all my thoughts down in one place sooner or later...

I've read that making sure you get adequate sleep helps with weight loss.

Sleep and Weight Loss: How Lack of Sleep Can Cause You to Gain Weight

I hope you can make time for more sleep. It's really important for health.

Macros are your macronutrient ratios. Carb-Fats-Protein ratios. For instance, the "Zone Diet" says the mix should be 40%-30%-30%. This is very balanced and very healthy. Mixing up your macros, say one day is 48-25-27 and then the next is something like 42-20-38 is a great way to keep your body from adjusting to what you're eating, so mixing macros like this is good for weight loss when you're incorporating a calorie deficit as well.

Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions
VitoVino is offline   Reply With Quote