Notices

I'm worried about my skin!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy I'm worried about my skin!

So I've been using this since September, and I've been rather successful. And my plan is to continue until May for my ideal weight !

I got one huge concern, and that's my skin. I already had some stretch marks, but I learned to live with them. Seeing they're my fault to begin with.
But I don't want saggy skin! I'm only 21, and I'm wondering if you should use some creams to get it tighter, or massage it...
Or could more exercise help? Just wondering if anyone has some tips and the same trouble!

Any tips are treasured!!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

I have some saggy skin, and what I've been doing to reduce the problem is building muscle, specifically beneath the worst spots. I also put flaxseed meal in my yogurt at breakfast. The flaxseed helps to keep my skin from being desert dry and cracking, but I doubt it shrinks the skin at all. As far as I know there isn't any cream or lotion that helps. At your age I wouldn't worry about it too much, you should have quite a bit of elasticity in your skin and it may shrink down on it's own.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-17-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Galdrar
So I've been using this since September, and I've been rather successful. And my plan is to continue until May for my ideal weight !

I got one huge concern, and that's my skin. I already had some stretch marks, but I learned to live with them. Seeing they're my fault to begin with.
But I don't want saggy skin! I'm only 21, and I'm wondering if you should use some creams to get it tighter, or massage it...
Or could more exercise help? Just wondering if anyone has some tips and the same trouble!

Any tips are treasured!!
Hi Galdrar,
At your age, you should definity see reduction in the saggy skin over time, but it will take some time. Those of us in the menapausal stages where the estrogen levels drop are in a bit more trouble.

One of the best things you can do, especially living in such a cold climate, is slather on the skin lotion. If you can find or order some with Q10 or other additive proported to tighten skin all the better. But just keeping your skin moisturized (that is the whole body) will go a long way to helping it recover and tighen up.

I go through a big bottle of the stuff every month. It isn't a huge expense and I concider it an investment in the future.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

i'm only 22 and i worry aboit the same thing

going from a 52 inch waist (at the belly button) to go to say 35 in a short time worries me but if i'm skinnier it'll make me so happy wither i have shaggy skin or not.

but plan to lose it now before my skin won't be able to bounce back
Old 11-19-2011, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'm 28, and here's what I've noticed about my skin after losing over 50 lbs.:

The skin that's shrunk on my thighs, arms, breasts, hips, etc. has been thankfully quite elastic. I still see the old faded-out stretch marks (most of them are white now) but there's no weird saggy skin. These are probably also the areas where I've built the most muscle, and I think that's likely correlated.

On my belly, I do have some excess skin that's sitting right above my belly button. I can feel that there's still some belly fat in there, but there's also a bit of loose skin. My mother says it looks similar to the skin a woman has on her stomach after she's had a baby (I said "Yeah, my fat baby!"). It's being more stubborn than the rest of my body - but I imagine that if/when I spend more time on my abdominal muscles, that might ease the little stubborn roll that's there. I still have about 25 lbs. more I want to lose, too. I've also heard that the belly fat in general is the most stubborn, as is the belly skin.

I also will second skin lotion with Q10 and/or Vitamin E. It can't hurt.