View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
SHDenver
FitDay Member

So it's now been a week and I've done really well so far. I know one of my biggest issues can be doing well and then letting things “slide” for a bit, as if I’ve reached my goal.

Interesting, I just read an article about a woman who found motivation in “not” talking about her weight loss efforts. I’ve considered this many times, because I think that sliding happens because there’s a part of me when someone gives a compliment, who feels like I must have reached my goal. Or maybe that part just wants it so bad that subconsciously I behave as if I have to appease it. This whole thing is a mind-*uck most times.

Funny thing I’m considering while working with this site is that even after I reach my goal I’ll have to continue counting calories. There really isn’t an end to this and if I want to be healthy I just have to make that normal and find joy in it. Not recreating the wheel here, just considering.

The joy has been there this week and I’ll be using the site to make sure I’m sticking to it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Since joining Fitday
11/7/2011: 324.4lbs
11/14/2011: 310.6lbs
Goal Weight: 220lbs by 5/1/2011
SHDenver is offline   Reply With Quote