View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #62 (permalink)
SHDenver
FitDay Member

I've been noticing this as well and you just have to realize that because it says "fat" doesn't mean it's all bad. Today I was jarred when I noticed 25% protein and 30% fat. However, this mainly comes from almonds I had eaten. If you're getting your fats from healthy sources then that's a good thing. I've heard in reading and on shows like "The Doctors" that your body uses fats to process certain nutrients, so an extremely low fat diet can actually harm you because you won't be getting the nutrients you need to function. If your fats coming from butter, then I'd worry, but if it's coming from a healthy source like olive oil or nuts, then just look at your calories in vs. calories out, your food log, and give yourself a break. I'm working on that with sugar right now, because for so long I've seen it as the ultimate enemy and this site is helping me to recognize it's really all about calories in vs. calories out. Goodluck to you!
(Just realized you wrote this last year, so probably already been answered or probably not an issue anymore ) Oh well, I'll still post it!
Shawn
SHDenver is offline   Reply With Quote