Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New Member

Hello, i am a new memeber on this site. I am here to focus on my weight loss. I am currently 313.4 lbs andttwo weeks ago I weighed 323.5 lbs. I have started to change my lifestyle and try to eat more healthier things such as fruits and vegetables and trying to eat less carbs. I am doing good so far but have a lot more weight to lose. I joined Anytime Fitness Gym last week to help me exercise more. I just like to know or have any advice from other members to see what else can i do to help with my weight loss. My weight goal I want to be is 145 lbs.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay! I'm new here too and so far I LOVE the site. First let me say CONGRATS ON YOUR 10lbs lost!!! I've only started my weight loss journey this past Sunday and when I stepped on the scale tonight I'm 4.5lbs lighter, so apparently I'm on the right track.

More veggies and water so far have helped me, so keep up that good work. What I've learned is that if I religiously input my food then I can actually "see" what I'm eating, and it holds me more accountable. Exercise is still a work in progress for me, I'm trying to find what is best for my specific needs (I have horrible knee problems so a lot of walking/leg work is hard for me). I'm a carb lover, so I've been trying to watch those as well. I've had to really cut down on my pastas and breads, huge weaknesses for me.

Aside from that, I've made it a game of sorts to make sure as soon as I eat something to log it into the diary, even when I'm on the go. If you have an iPhone, definitely download the app, it's so worth the FREE pricetag on it =) I've found that it's easier to log my foods by creating them in the custom foods, the ones they have on the site sometimes don't match up as close as I'd like.

Off topic, but I saw that you're from SC, so one Carolinian to another.....WELCOME!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the 10lbs. Feels good doesn't it. I don't know what you're doing for your diet, but I always want to stress to people that drinking lots of water is very helpful for losing weight. 64oz baseline + 8 oz for every 10lbs. you want to lose. For you that would be almost 200 oz/day, which is a whole lot of water. Although I know of people that have had a lot of luck tackling weight loss 10lbs at a time, which would be 72 oz of water, so somewhere between the two is probably where you need to be.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for the advice guys.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Keep up the good work!! And yes, drink lots of water.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Guys,
thanks so much for the tips and I do drink plenty of water. . Today I had my first weigh in with the doctor and I have great news. I lost 13.5 lbs in a month. I currently weigh now 306.5 lbs.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amiyah11
Hello Guys,
thanks so much for the tips and I do drink plenty of water. . Today I had my first weigh in with the doctor and I have great news. I lost 13.5 lbs in a month. I currently weigh now 306.5 lbs.
Awesome!! The weight really comes off fast at first doesn't it? Keep up the hard work!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amiyah11
Hello Guys,
CONGRATS!!! So happy that you're having success! It's really amazing what we can accomplish when we really set our minds to it. Keep up the good work!!