Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Want great tips? I just came up with a quick list for you. How's this?
- log everything that goes in your mouth
- drink enough water so that you pee clear
- cut out or limit all other drinks, including but not limited to diet soft drinks
- log your activities
- log your sleep
- burn more calories than you consume
- eat nutrient dense food
- stay away from empty calories
- cut out or limit simple carbs and other trigger foods
- be honest with what you log
- know that not all fats are created equal. Nuts, avocados, olive oil are just a few good ones
- know that not all carbs are created equal
- take in enough protein, there are varying opinions on how much is enough. Some say 1g/lb of body weight, others say 1g/lb of lean body mass, and others may say 1g/kg of body weight
- try to eat balanced meals and snacks. Protein, fats and carbs with every meal. Don't eat a 1/2 dozen donuts and 3 hours later try to catch up with a pound of chicken
- take pictures of yourself in your undies or bathing suit, etc and keep the pictures
- know that excuses will take you nowhere but backwards
- take junk food out your house, if it's not there, you'll be less tempted to eat it
- weight your food
- know that more effort = more results
I may come up with more.
I would add to this with drink green tea to help stimulate your metabolism, burn fat, and decrease hunger (proven, just research on the net)
take fish oil to help to reduce spikes in insulin which triggers fat storage (proven, again references available on the net).
eat a high fiber diet which will not only help bind saturated fat, lower cholesterol, but will also keep you fuller for longer.